Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Two Bear Sitings

This morning about 9 a.m. as I was loading the dishwasher, a bear passed by the kitchen window. I raced for my camera, but the bear had moved on behind my husband's truck.

I crept outside to see if I could see him. He heard me, and raced off into the woods so fast I could not get a photo.

Then at dinner, as we were eating, I was watching a little spike buck through the patio doors. Suddenly, he spooked. I got up.

"The buck ran from something, maybe it's a bear," I told my husband.

I went to the kitchen window. "OMG, it IS a bear!" I said.

He got up to look and I raced for the camera.

This time, I was able to get photos. This is not the same bear from this morning. That bear was larger, had a heavier coat, and bigger feet.





I took the first three shots through the garage door window. As you can see, he is the gravel in the driveway, so I wasn't far from him. When I took this last shot of the bear in the woods, I was standing outside with the camera. I moved outside as he turned his back to me and went towards the woods.

I was about 30 feet away from him, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures and I am glad you were able to stay safe as you took the picturs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.