Sunday, October 15, 2023

Sunday Stealing

1. Write about the best decision you ever made. How did you make it? Was it reasoning or gut instinct?

A. The best decision I ever made was to marry my husband. It was a heart response. I knew I wanted to be with him after the first month we dated. He was/is kind, gentle, loving, steady, and loyal. 

2. What ONE thing would you change about your life? How would your life be different?

A. I would have not gone into newspaper writing and instead found some other creative writing outlet that paid better and offered a pension. Something in advertising, maybe, or public relations with a college. Hopefully, I would have made more money and financially would be better off.

3. What is the hardest thing you have ever done? Why was it hard for you? What did you learn?

A. It took me 8 years to obtain my bachelor's degree. I really wanted it, but I could not afford to go to school full time, so I worked (often full time, sometimes part-time) and went to school part time. I also was ill a lot and occasionally had to drop out to have surgery and recovery time. I learned that I could do anything if I wanted it badly enough.


4. What is your greatest hope for your future? What steps can you take to make it happen?

A. At this point, I just hope for good days and that the United States remains a democracy and doesn't become part of an Axis of Evil.

5. If you could time travel, what would you tell your teenage self?

A. Read more.

6. Write about the most glorious moment in your life so far.

A. I guess my wedding, followed by obtaining my masters degree, would be my most glorious moments. My wedding was a drawn-out affair that my mother created, and my graduation for my masters was a highlight of my life. It was something I did all on my own, and I celebrated it with those I loved.

7. Write about a moment you felt brave.

A. I went up in a hot air balloon in the 1980s. My husband would not go; he stayed with the chase team, but I climbed in the basket and off we went. It was amazing.

8.  What made you happy today?

A. Cheese was on sale for $2.99 a pack!


9. What do you dislike most about growing up?

A. Chores.

10. Write about ten activities you love the most and why you love them.

A. I am not going to write about 10 activities. That is an essay or a memoir, not a question for a meme! I will write about one activity. I love to read because it transports me to another world, place, and/or time and takes me away from my current cares and woes.

11. Do you have an embarrassing moment that still makes you cringe? Write about it in as much detail as you feel comfortable!

A. There was that time I introduced my mother-in-law to someone at a funeral and told her the wrong name.
 
12. What has been your best trip so far?

A. It's probably a tie between vacations to Williamsburg, Charleston, SC, and Myrtle Beach, SC.

 13. Write a list of 5 things (physical or personality-wise) you love about yourself, and why they make you unique.

A. I have a good (if sarcastic) sense of humor, I'm intelligent and intellectually curious, I like music, and I do okay with writing.

14. Discuss 5 things you wish others knew about you.

A. I don't know that people know (1) how much pain I live with, (2) how much emotional energy I spend on others, (3) what a perfectionist I am, (4) how dark my thoughts can be, and (5) that I want the best for everyone, no matter who they are, so long as their best doesn't hurt anyone else.

15. Is social media a blessing or a curse?

A. Oh, it's a curse. No doubt about that.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

3 comments:

  1. The US part of the Axis of Evil? A legitimate question.I hope not as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a lot of ways, you and I are total opposites. You're a perfectionist, I'm a go-with-the-flow kind of person. You try to do things properly, I'm sloppy about everything I do. That's what makes life interesting, the differences in people. The world needs all the different kinds of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit of a perfectionist too. Going up in a hot air balloon is something I would never, ever, ever, ever do.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.