Thursday, September 14, 2023

Thursday Thirteen #825

Yesterday was International Chocolate Day. Boy howdy, I love me some chocolate!

Here are 13 of my favorite (or used to be favorite) chocolates:


1. Cella's milk chocolate covered cherries. (I used to love the dark chocolate ones, but since my last ulcer, dark chocolate is not something I can handle anymore, alas.)

2. Milky Way Midnight. I haven't seen this candy bar on the shelves in well over a year. A search on Bing indicates it has been discontinued. Me sad.

3. Fudge. I love good fudge. I have had bad fudge, but good fudge is fantastic. The best fudge is the fudge I make, followed by my stepmother's fudge, and then the fudge we used to get when we went to the beach.

4. Truffles. Chocolatey center, milk chocolate covering. What's not to love?


5. Three Musketeers Bar. This used to be my favorite candy bar, but I don't eat it often anymore. My taste buds must have changed, because the candy bar doesn't taste the same to me.

6. Cadbury Eggs. This is another favorite that I have stopped eating (mostly) because it doesn't taste as good as it once did. They are also much smaller than they used to be. Do the manufacturers think we don't notice these things?

7. Milky Way. I will still eat a regular Milky Way if that's all I see and absolutely must be bad and eat this stuff.

8. Lindor Chocolate Truffle Bar. Right now, this is my go-to chocolate. The bar is in six sections, and I eat three little sections one day and three the next when I get a hold of a bar. I try to spread it out.

9. Chocolate chip cookies. I don't know if this belongs on a list of chocolates, but I am putting it there.

10. Ghirardelli's filled chocolates. They have some with raspberry and another with caramel that will make you moan if you haven't had them in a long time. (Ain't no chocolate going to make you moan if you eat all the time.)

11. Brownies. I find good chewy chocolate brownies irresitable.

12. Chocolate cake. Aside from a cupcake I recently had, I haven't had chocolate cake in years as it is hard on my ulcers and reflux. But man is a good piece of chocolate cake with chocolate icing something to celebrate.

13. Chocolate lush. This is a family recipe. I give it my own twist, but it's good. It's a chocolate cake-like concoction that creates its own pudding on the bottom. Eat it while it's warm with a little whipped cream. Yum!


______________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 825th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.


7 comments:

  1. Do you have Fannie Mae stores in your part of the country? If so, try their truffles. To borrow your phrase, "Boy howdy!" PS I saw your comment on my blog and appreciate it so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Chocolate Lush intrigues me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed International Chocolate Day?!? Geesh. I love Cadbury mini eggs. I look forward to spring because of them. (The term is shrinkflation.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love me some chocolate... as long as it isn't fudge or malted. Or white. One of my favorites is Coffee Crisp, but I only get it when I go back home to northern NY since it's almost impossible to find outside of Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I grew up on Reese's peanut butter cups. I like salted caramel dark chocolate now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great Thursday 13! I must confess, I love all things chocolate myself. Well, maybe not the insects. gah...

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for visiting my thursday 13.. i am finally catching up on commenting.. I love chocolate too but feel like the taste of many chocolates have changed (or is it my taste buds?).. but brownies are still irresistible and my 17 - yo makes delish ones thankfully!!
    would love that chocolate lush recipe sometime..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.