Thursday, August 17, 2023

Thursday Thirteen

Things I would never post on Facebook but would like to (so of course I post it here instead):


1. I am holding out a slight hope that saner minds will ultimately prevail but can only wait and see. It's been a sh*tshow here for months, thanks to a few loudmouthed bullies who think their tax dollars count for more than anyone else's, and that their morals are the only morals. They define the word "bigot" in all of its definitions.

2. Moms for Liberty - aka Klanned Karenhood - best thing I've seen today

3. #bannedbooksareworthreading

4. If you haven't actually seen the movie, read the book, or watched the show, you have no right to bash it simply because your conservative friends think badly of it.

5. We don't do that because there wouldn't be any daddys, daddys' best friends, grandpas, uncles, mothers, aunts, or siblings left once they were all dead, plus people are innocent until proven guilty. 1 in 5 women and 1 in 20 boys have experienced molestation before they turn 18. Who do you think does that to them? It isn't a book, I can tell you that. There aren't enough orphanages to take in all the kids who would be left without parents if you did that. Who do you think molesters are? Sneaky people the kids don't know? It's their family members and family friends.  - in response to a meme saying "we put dogs that molest kids to sleep, why don't we do that to child molestors [sic]." 

6. [Name of person], most of these are fake, and they use them to hack your account. Your friend is right. You should delete this right away. - in response to the multitude of "lost dogs, children missing, or house for rent really cheap" posts.

7. Using "for the children" is the last refuge of scoundrels and fascists.

8. Some of these people wouldn't know an intelligent thought if it came up and bit them square in the a$$.

9. Take that "perfect" phone call and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.

10. Go away, you damn scam man. - in response to all the pretty men who post on my page and want to be my friend. (I block them.)

11. There is no price tag on stupid. Stupid comes free.

12. I'll believe I have fiber Internet availability when I am actually paying the bill and it's been installed. (I still have DSL. A local company constantly advertises it on my FB page, but I am "not eligible" to receive it.)

13. The "independent thinkers" haven't had an original thought since they fell out of the birth canal. If it hasn't been fed to them by some group, they just have dead air between their ears.


______________


Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 821st time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

4 comments:

  1. #5: Mr. Stranger Danger may not be a myth, but he's rare. I think about my mom, who worried so about us falling prey to a stranger calling us over to his car, but it was a relative whom she adored that actually molested me. I feel almost as bad for her as I do for me. Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boils my blood, the bullies who think they are the majority and who want their way "dictated." I love the Mom's for liberty quote. I found this one recently: “The problem with the Republicans is the right hand doesn’t know what the far-right hand is doing.” David Clayton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, I do love the Klanned Karenhood. Makes me giggle.

    Fiber internet isn't all that. I mean, it is easier to stream things, sure. But the company that installed the fios then sold it all to another company, and then things went sideways in a hurry. I hope they install it in your area sooner rather than later, but beware that the companies will still be up to the same shenanigans once you have better speeds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too find myself NOT writing certain comments. I have been bullied, threatened by the worst anti vaccination fool, told I was discriminating because I am white, and a lot more from people who have never known me at all. I can block people on facebook without even looking at my keyboard.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.