Saturday, August 19, 2023

Saturday 9: Michelle


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

 
1) In this song, Paul McCartney sings to Michelle in French, "Sont des mots qui vont très bien ensemble." Can you say anything else in French?

A. Par le vous Englais? That's about it.

2) Paul admits that, as a teenager, he'd perform the first few bars at parties to impress girls. It was John Lennon who encouraged him to "turn it into a proper song." Tell us about a time you were glad you took advice from a friend or coworker.

A. A coworker gave me the name of a therapist back in the 1980s; I took her advice and saw the therapist.
 
3) A big Elvis fan, Paul is proud to own the bass that was played on the 1954 recording of "That's Alright, Mama." Tell us about one of your prized possessions.

A. My most prized possessions are my wedding ring and my college diploma(s). 

4) John was also an Elvis fan and honored The King by naming one of his cats Elvis. Do you share your home with any pets? If so, let us know their names.

A. I have no pets in the house. We have cows, but we don't name them because then they are harder to sell. It also makes eating a hamburger difficult.

5) John was a heavy smoker who often attempted to quit. He tried hypnosis but that didn't work. Have you ever been hypnotized?

A. I have.

6) George Harrison fell in love with Hawaii and bought a 63-acre estate. If you could take off tomorrow for a vacation to any of our 50 states, which one would you choose?

A. I would love to go to the northern states in the fall, when the leaves are changing. So perhaps Maine in October?

6) While Ringo Starr quit signing autographs for fans in 2008, he will donate autographed memorabilia to charity for auction. Have you ever bid on an item at auction? Did you win?

A. I used to go to auctions frequently when we first married. I did win my bids on some things.
 
7) As a young boy, Ringo had a severe case of appendicitis and his appendix was removed. Do you still have your appendix?

A. Yes, I still have my appendix. For 20 years I thought I didn't, only to find out that the doctors didn't remove it during my hysterectomy like I thought they did.
 
8) In 1965 -- before Advil and Tylenol and Aleve -- Americans took aspirin to relieve pain. If we peered into your medicine chest, would we find aspirin?

A. Yes, I keep a bottle of aspirin here in case one of us has a heart attack.

9) Random question: You're at dinner with a married couple who begins to argue. Would you intercede and try to make peace? Or would you just sit back and mind your own business?

A. Mind my own business, unless someone became violent or abusive, in which case I'd call the police. Or at least threaten to in hopes of shutting them down.

_______________

I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

7 comments:

  1. Sign me up for Maine in October! Or Salem. Either would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love autumn leaves. Here on Long Island we reach peak color at the very end of October/early November

    ReplyDelete
  3. #4 When I was growing up we were surrounded by farms and every once in a while they would escape and I would wake up and find cows on the front lawn.
    #6 Yes, it is beautiful through northern New England, I will be your tour guide. Of course I’m a little biased.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't mind going to Maine, either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Autumn in Maine is truly spectacular! I'm happy to act as tour guide!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did you find out you still had your appendix?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fall colors are on the way! It's sooner than we think! And good on ya for spotting that part for the tractor! Our fall colors arrive around Christmas time. There are a couple of places that have a lot of Liquid Amber and Sycamore trees and they are glorious! I loved my Grandmother's little tiny Jersey cows. This was when they still were a very small breed back in the 30's and 40's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.