Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Strange Fungi

We had a little rain about 10 days ago, and the strange fungi around the oak tree has returned. It's been popping up occasionally since about 2014. It seems very weather dependent as to whether or not it grows.

My brother told me one year that this was edible, but I am not giving it a go.

I don't know the exact name of this fungus. It may be Armillaria root fungus of some kind, or it may be this kind of fungus: http://www.first-nature.com/fungi/trametes-gibbosa.php.

As best I can tell, though, it's not good for the tree.


My size 7 foot for size comparison.





1 comment:

  1. Laetiporus fungi or Chicken of the woods. Slice it, batter it up and fry it. Yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.