Wednesday, May 31, 2023

I Want Pockets

Why do they make women's pants without pockets?

I bet there isn't a pair of men's dress pants anywhere that doesn't have pockets, yet I have trouble finding pants with pockets. Especially at my size.

Women need pockets too. It's a place to put a tissue. Or your car keys. Or your hand.

No pocket in my pants means I have to carry to some kind of purse or pocketbook. I generally do anyway, but I carry a much larger one than I would have to if my pants all had pockets.

My pocketbook has things in it like my inhaler, tissues, ink pens, Tylenol, Dramamine, and the other usual things one must have, like a driver's license and a credit card. I know wallets are lifted from men's pockets, but it seems safer to carry a wallet in a pocket than it does throw a big honkin' purse over your shoulder.

Not only that, but the dress pants I have on today have FAKE pockets. If they're going to all the trouble to sew in a line that looks like a pocket, why not make an actual pocket? What's the point of a fake pocket?

Give me pockets in my pants!

4 comments:

  1. Also: Women's jeans have pockets, but they are TINY pockets. They are good enough to carry a tissue in, but very little else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yet nearly all of my pj's have pockets. Like, why?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All my pants have pockets, or they wouldn't be my pants. Decades of taking public transportation taught me never NEVER carry my keys in my purse. (If your purse gets stolen, the evil doer has your keys and your address and you have no way of getting into your home.) My keys are always in my front pocket. Anyway, look into Gloria Vanderbilt jeans. Patch pockets on my ass and two slash pockets in front.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.