Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Drop-Off Day

Today was the day I dropped off my taxes at the accountant's office. Whew.

That's a load off of my mind, until she calls with questions. Or tell me how much to pay up.

Our taxes are not simple. We own a farm. We own rental property. My husband has a construction business. I make a little money freelancing. All of that stuff requires bookkeeping.

Last year I did a much better job of keeping up with the paperwork, so January wasn't the "tie butt to chair until you have everything put into Quicken and ready for the accountant" that it has sometimes been in the past.

Hopefully I can keep this momentum going and keep up with things better in 2023, since I have learned my lesson about how much easier it is.

It would help if I liked doing the bookkeeping, but I don't, so I tend to put it off as long as I can. It's just tedious and time-consuming. And who wants to play with numbers when there are other things to do, like read a good book?

At any rate, they're out of my hands, at least for now.

Whew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.