Sunday, January 01, 2023

Sunday Stealing



1. What song will always remind you of last year?  Doesn't have to be a song released last year.

A. I think I'll go with this one:


2. What do you wish you would have done more of?

A. Exercise.

3. What do you wish you would have done less of?

A. Eat.

4. What was your favorite new TV program? Movie? Album/Songs? Or if you didn't pick up any new ones, what are you still watching/listening to? Any recommendations?

A. I like Three Pines on Amazon Prime. I thought Free Guy was an interesting movie. I discovered the song "1,000 years" by Christina Perri.
 
5. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? Did you feel differently?

A. I was just older on my birthday. It didn't feel any different. 
 
6. What political or social issue stirred you the most?

A. I watched every one of the January 6th Committee hearings from start to finish.

7. Who was the most interesting new person you met?

A. I have hardly been out of my house. Maybe one of the cashiers at Food Lion is really a heroic fire witch?

8. What changed at your job?

A. I don't have a job.

9. What changed in your home?

A. We developed an issue with flies in the latter part of the year. Apparently, so did many other people in the area, according to my bug guy. Something to do with a cold snap and fly hibernation.

10. Describe how a relationship changed.

A. My relationships either stayed the same or improved.

11. Do you think you are still the same person that you were at the beginning of the year?  How so?

A. No, of course I'm not. I've got new skin cells and everything. I suspect I am more impatient than I was, and I also seem to be a raw nerve sometimes. I need to work on that.

12. Summarize the year in three words or less. Bonus points for doing it in one word. Explain.

A. FUBAR. I say this because of my husband's hip surgery, problems with finding help on the farm and in his construction work, and because of the finale of a frozen Christmas without power. There's also external forces that are FUBAR, such as a rogue SCOTUS, the war in Ukraine, shortages, inflation, the stock market, etc.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.



4 comments:

  1. The Jan 6 committee made the case. I hope DOJ does the necessary followthrough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your word to sum up the year is aptly chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to look for Three Pines, because I enjoyed the books of the series I read. I just feel sometimes like I'm drowning in media: books and podcasts and streaming and movies at the theater. It's a luxury, I know, but I simply cannot keep up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The UK was FUBAR last year too. It was all self-inflicted by the idiots running the country though.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.