Thursday, December 08, 2022

Thursday Thirteen

I thought I'd list some things I remember receiving from Christmases past, although it appears many of the toys I recall were actually my brother's, for some reason. I was never much on dolls. These are in no particular order.

1. Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots

2. Erector set

3. Baby Tender Love

4. A vacuum (my husband gave me this our first year of marriage; he was promptly informed that household items were NOT Christmas presents unless specifically requested)

5. Cowgirl boots

6. A ventriloquist doll (looked like a cowboy and had freckles)

7. Batgirl doll

8. A blue girl's bicycle with training wheels (my first bike)

9. A rocking chair

10. A set of luggage.

11. Books (multiple years)

12. A guitar

13. Santa Mouse


__________________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 785th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

7 comments:

  1. What is it about guys and their practical gifts? hahah. A batgirl doll, how fun! I got teenage looking dolls in fancy party dresses and heels which were no fun at all, except for cutting their hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember slinky, etch-a-sketch, dolls that "peed" and who had hair that could "grow." I like paper dolls the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently your brother had the better toys ;) Some memorable gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved my very own rocking chair. What a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Santa Mouse is the winner on that list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I for the Rock Em Sock Em Robots for my grandson this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Batgirl doll! That sounds cool... and books anytime.. Totally agree with the thoughts on the vacuum cleaner.. Now you got me thinking.. while I did not grow up celebrating Christmas in India, I adopted the festival when I moved to the US.. and I am thinking back on what Santa got my kids over the years

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.