Thursday, November 24, 2022

Thursday Thirteen

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you are enjoying your holiday.

Since this is a day to give thanks, here are 13 things I am thankful for:

1. My beloved husband, who isn't a thing, of course, but is a wonderful partner and delightful human being. He has his moments, of course (he can be a stubborn fellow), but he is my guy.

2. My brother, who is a good fellow. He stays in touch, and we know that we have a bond that we do not share with any other. As my only sibling, he has a special place in my heart.

3. My father, stepmother, and mother-in-law, who are all interesting folks to have in my life. They are the older generation and still have knowledge to impart.

4. Mama T. keeps me straight (sort of) and offers up encouragement. Our near-daily phone calls are uplifting and helpful in many ways.

5. Cathy B. who keeps me working a little bit and is a nice person to know. She's been a good friend for nearly 20 years.

6. Leslie, who has been my friend for almost as long as I've been married, is one of the smartest people I know. She's a dear.

7. All of the many other people I won't list by name but who are special to me for whatever reason. I may not see you or talk to you often, but I know you're there!

8. I am thankful for this blog and the space it gives me to reach out and to look in. It's been a creative outlet for me that has also helped me make friends. I am grateful to all of you who read my blog. Thank you!

9. My home and the things inside it are bountiful compared to some, and I am grateful for all of my "things," even the ones I can't remember having.

10. I have food to eat and water to drink. Many folks don't have that, so I am blessed.

11. I am grateful for medicines that keep me alive, and the doctors and nursing staff who take care of me.

12. My eyes and ears still work, and I can walk. I am grateful that I am able to read, listen, and move enough to do what I need to do.

13. Lastly, I am thankful for this big blue ball that we live on, and for its resources and the things we learn from it every day. Mother Earth is the best blessing of all.

__________________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 782nd time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful to remember and feel grateful for all the people and things that keep life moving, despite everything. 10 is so important, we tend to forget our privileges that we take for granted sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thankful for my blog frends too and how blogging gives me a forum and filing cabinet journal. Ditto to # 13!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely TT! You certainly have your mind right as we slide into the holiday season. Happy Turkey Day to you and your loving hubs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your list, Anita. Much of what you said was what I got all tongue-tied trying to write and put away for another day. Big Thanksgiving hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great list. You have many supportive people in your life. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sure all those people have you on their lists like this as well. Such a sweet heartfelt list..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.