Tuesday, November 08, 2022

Beaver Blood Moon

I rose at 4:45 a.m. this morning to look at the lunar eclipse. I took over 100 photos, but most of them blurred. My camera simply isn't that great for taking pictures in the dark, and when the moon is eclipsed, it's dark.

While I was outside, around 6 a.m. I stopped taking pictures and stood watching the moon, listening to the neighbor's rooster crow, and saw a meteor fall past the edge of the moon. It looked a piece of the moon fell off!

I was incredibly sorry I wasn't taking photos then, but sometimes the memory is good enough. I'd rather have seen that in person and not through the lens, I think.

Here are some of my better pictures.

Moonrise, Monday, November 7, 2022

The tree branches are reaching for the moon.

Lunar eclipse, Tuesday, November 8, 2022, around 4:50 a.m.



Near total eclipse, around 5:15 a.m.




Used the star trail feature on the camera, just for fun.

Full eclipse, around 6 a.m.

Moon setting, around 6:20 a.m.


2 comments:

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.