Saturday, October 22, 2022

Saturday 9: Things


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Bobby Darin is sitting beside his window, looking out onto a crowded avenue. What's the view outside your nearest window?

A. I see oak trees that are yellowing (or browning) as we head toward the "peak" of the leaf-viewing season this Autumn. There is also a yellow tree of some kind, a fence post and wire, and an empty birdfeeder. Sage grass grows in the pasture field, too; it has turned brown.

Out the window.

Sometimes, though, I see something like this:

A doe suckling her twins in the early morning light.



 
2) He likes to remember the romantic things he and his girl used to do, like walking in the park. When did you most recently go for a leisurely stroll? Did you have a destination in mind, or were you just enjoying the walk for its own sake?

A. I don't recall when I last went for a stroll, really. I suppose wandering around The National D-Day Memorial and Poplar Forest last weekend might count. But that was a destination.

3) He notes a couple holding hands. Are you comfortable displaying affection in public?

A. Yes. I have no problem with it.
 
4) When Bobby recorded this song, he was married to screen sweetheart Sandra Dee. Today she is best known as the inspiration for the song, "Look at Me, I'm Sandra Dee." Can you name another song from Grease?

A. Greased Lightning, Hopelessly Devoted to You.

5) Bobby loved gadgets. He was enthusiastic about his suitcase telephone, which was one of the first mobile phones. Are you an early adapter, or do you wait for new technology to be around awhile and not so new before you try it?

A. I used to be an early adapter, but now I wait. I also keep it as long as it will work. My phone is an iPhone 5SE, if that tells you anything.
 
6) He was a chess fanatic and always kept a magnetic chess board in his briefcase, just in case he found someone who was willing to play him. Are you a good chess player?

A. Not really. I haven't played in a very long time.
 
7) He very much wanted to play Tony in West Side Story, but he didn't the part because the producers didn't think he looked like a romantic leading man. What actor or actress makes your heart skip a beat?

A. Viggo Mortenson as Aragon in Lord of the Rings.

I like the scruffy bad-boy look.
 
8) In 1962, when this song was popular, Jack Nicklaus launched his successful golf career. Do you enjoy playing golf, or watching it on TV?

A. I do not care for either.

9) Random question: Which would we find in your kitchen right now -- cookies or ice cream?

A. Neither, I'm afraid. No ice cream, no cookies. The closest thing we have to a cookie is a rice cake.

_______________
I encourage you to visit the posts of other participants in Saturday 9 and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.  

6 comments:

  1. A rice cake is a close third though, right? 😉 I never would've pictured you for the bad boy kind, wow! That changes everything! Great shot of mama deer nursing her young. Very descriptive answer, too. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mortenson and Orlando Bloom were such hotties in LOTR but not so much in other things. I usually like the bad boy look, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you ever just wander around your property? It seems like that would be a great place to stroll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mortenson is so handsome in LOTR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always like the look they gave Orlando Bloom in LOTR. I would love to be able to see deer outside my house. I have seen foxes. The deer are there, I just never see them. Karl has seen them though. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my fourth try to comment. Let's see if it goes! Lord of the Rings.. I'm still in love that strange Blonde Archer named Legolas. I won't get all wordy but do want you to know that I'd never miss reading here. Ever. Well, unless I've got two broken arms am on a deathbed somewhere.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.