Thursday, September 22, 2022

Thursday Thirteen

I consider myself to be a somewhat eclectic reader. I don't stick to one genre, type of book, or author. Oh, I may take spells where all I read is fantasy, or maybe I read all of the books of an author until I tire of them from time to time, but on the whole, I think I have a pretty wide reading range.

Here are 13 writers and their genres. What do you think?

1. Genevieve Cogman, Fantasy

2. Richard Marx, Autobiography

3. Louise Penny, Mainstream Fiction/Mystery

4. Stuart Woods, Mainstream Fiction/Myster

5. Charles Dickens, Literary Fiction

6. James Allen, Philosophy

7. Samantha Shannon, Fantasy

8. Nora Ephron, Chick Lit/Mainstream Literature

9. Fannie Flagg, Mainstream Fiction

10. Hillary Clinton & Louise Penny, Mainstream Fiction

11. Matt Haig, Self help

12. Sheenah Hankin, Self help

13. Gary Paulson, Young Adult

Also, I've read these authors: Dolly Parton, Richard Paul Evans, Jane Austen, Nora Roberts, Neil Gaiman, Kristin Hannah, Amanda Cockrell, Carolyn Keene (yes, I read some Nancy Drew), and Becky Chambers, among others. In all, I've read books by 35 different authors so far this year. I keep a list.

___________________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 774th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

5 comments:

  1. I'd say eclectic is the right word. I love who-done-its and occasional interesting biographies. Cliff, if it's up to him, would read nothing but biographies, mostly historical ones. Right now he's reading a very long book about Genghis Khan... and enjoying it! He isn't very computer wise, so I try to dig up biographies for him that the library has. He's read so many of them, it's getting hard to find new ones I think he'll like. He likes to read about the lives of presidents, generals, and so forth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last book I read was the Sea of Tranquility, a time travel book that was hard to follow. I read a memoir of sorts by Patti Smith but couldn't finish it. The last good book... gotta think about that. They are few and far between for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read and re-read over and over again Guy Gabriel Kay....I know you love the LOTR books...if you haven't read GGK, you must! I suggest starting with Tigana or The Lions of Al-Rassan. He is an amazing "near"-world-builder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nora! I love her essays. I love her screenplays. I loved Heartburn. I love what Nora stood for. She's my fantasy older sister.

    I read a lot of biographies and much of my response to the book depends on my feelings about the subject and how much I know going in. For example, I've read so much about the Kennedys that I can tell pretty early on if what I'm holding is serious/legit or a celeb/People magazine regurgitation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #10 I hope they write another adventure for the main character.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.