Thursday, September 29, 2022

Thursday Thirteen #775

Adulting things -

1. I can crack an egg open with one hand!

2. I know how to wrap my towel around my wet hair so that it looks like it was done in a salon and can then walk around the house in my birthday suit if I so desire, with only my head covered. Don't look, Ethel!

3. I can leave my sneakers tied and then break down the backs of my shoes shoving my feet into them all I want.

4. Stuff can sit on the kitchen counter for as long as I want, or until I feel like putting it away, or need the counter for something else besides a storage table.

5. My gum can be sugarless - or not - depending on what I want to chew.

6. My meatloaf doesn't have to have tomato in it.

7. Dirty dishes can stay in the sink if I haven't the time to deal with them.

8. I can sort the laundry out into his and her piles if I want to do it that way. Which I do, because my husband does nasty manly work and has grease and sweat all over his clothes. I don't want that mixed in with my clothing. Yuck.

9. My car will go wherever I want it to, and if I want to take a long drive by myself, I can put the darned thing on the road and do that.

10. I don't have to eat my greens if I don't want to.

11. Reading is pleasure, not homework.

12. My guitar can sit on the love seat in the living room for as long as I need it to.

13. I don't have to keep to a schedule. Except for my husband's. There is that.

___________________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 775th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

3 comments:

  1. I love that kind of freedom and embracing our idiosyncrasies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great list, and yes, Reading for Pleasure and not homework!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course Reading for Pleasure is my favorite of your answers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.