Wednesday, September 07, 2022

Accosted!

My husband reports that he was accosted at Tractor Supply the other day when he went in. This is his version of the story.

He had on a mask.

This upset some unknown woman who then accosted my husband before he entered the store. She told him he was stupid for wearing a mask, and it was shame men were being emasculated by thinking they had to wear a mask. She apparently lambasted him for a bit.

Finally, he told her that when she'd had people she loved die from Covid, then she might have the right to say something. "Until then, get the f*ck out of my face you Donald-Trump-loving b*tch."

That is what he says he said. I don't know if that is what he said, or what he wishes he'd said. I've never heard him talk that way to another person, but maybe whatever else she said that he didn't report to me was bad enough to force him to feel he needed to attack back.

That this woman felt she could speak out like that to my husband, berate him and call him names, angers me. He wears a mask for the same reasons I do, because he doesn't know when he could have it. He is also trying to protect me and his mother. He was devasted when his cousin passed away from Covid from this Spring and his loss cemented his desire to keep from getting this damn illness.

If he really said those things to her, then I am sorry he felt he had to lash out like that. It's symptomatic of the world we're living in now, a world I did not create and one that I don't particularly like at the moment. A world where people have lost their filters and feel free to spew whatever it is that flows from their pea brains.

Call it woke or whatever you want, but I think keeping your mouth shut and your opinions to yourself, along with some decent manners, are necessary in this ol' world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.