Sunday, July 03, 2022

Sunday Stealing


1. Favorite thing to do during the summer?

A. Eat watermelon.

2. Favorite cold food/dessert/drink that gets you through the summer heat?

A. Watermelon.

3. Gone to a drive-in movie?

A. Not since I was a teenager.

4. What are you planning to do this summer?

A. Take care of my husband while he recovers from hip replacement surgery. Sounds like fun, eh?

5. Did the pandemic ruin any summer plans? If so, what?

A. See above.

6. Rode on any water mobile (jetski, ferry, boat, etc)?

A. Not since I was much younger.

7. Gone to a summer camp?

A. I went to band camp when I was in high school.

8. Been to any Asian country (if not, where would you go and why? if yes, where was your favorite?)

A. No. I would like to see the Great Wall of China.

9. Been to any African country (if not, where would you go and why? if yes, where was your favorite and why?)

A. No. I would like to see the Serengeti.

10. Been to any North American country (if not, where would you go and why? if yes, where was your favorite and why?)

A. I live in a North American country, the USA. Where I live is my favorite.

11. Been to any South American country (if not, where would you go and why? if yes, where was your favorite and why?)

A. No. I'd like to see Machu Picchu.

12. Been to any Australian country (if not, where would you go and why? if yes, where was your favorite and why?)

A. No. I'd like to go to Melbourne to see that big opera/music house they there.

13. Gone to a festival/fair?

A. Yes, of course. Historic Fincastle used to put on an annual arts and crafts fair for years, and I went frequently. As a news reporter, I took photos of it. Buchanan puts on a carnival every year and I used to take photos of that, too.

14. Gone to an amusement park?

A. Yes. I've been to Lakeside, which was an amusement park in Salem that no longer exists, and Kings Dominion near Williamsburg. Oh, and Disney in Orlando, Florida. How could I forget that?

15. Binge watched 5 different TV show series (what were they)?

A. I have binge watched Downton Abby, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and I think that's about it. I am not much of a TV watcher and generally I catch things as they come out or not at all.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

4 comments:

  1. You're far more adventurous than I! I've been thinking I'd like to return to Springfield, IL, to see the new exhibits at the Lincoln Presidential Museum, and you're dreaming of Machu Picchu.

    I forgot that I've binged on Downton Abbey. I like having it on in the background as I go about my day. I check and say to myself, "Oh, isn't Matthew dreamy!" and then in later episode, "Oh, Matthew! Mary and I miss you!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. #8. The Great Wall of China is wonderful. Beware - it is really steep in places.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to see the Great Wall as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to a little part of the Great Wall, but stopped climbing when it got steep. Pretty amazing to see, tho. I have a Great Wall t-shirt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.