Monday, July 25, 2022

It's Not Getting Better

In the first part of the month, I hurt my hand. I ignored it for a while, but then it swelled.


So I took myself off to urgent care, where they x-rayed it and put a splint on it.



Now it is three weeks later and I'm still having swelling in my hand and pain in my middle and index finger. Typing will make it swell. I can't play my guitar at all.

My primary care doctor can't see me until Wednesday. I wasn't sure about making the appointment; my hand was very swollen yesterday but not so much today. I still can't make a fist so there is some swelling and as things go it worsens as the day passes.

I have computer work I've put off while dealing with this, but mostly I've ignored the problem because I was taking care of my husband as he recovered from hip replacement surgery. But he's out and about now.

Nothing to do but put the splint back on (I take it off to type), I guess.


3 comments:

  1. Oh my word! That looks painful. I think you had best see the doc asap, 'cause that sure can't be good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.