Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Husband Update

The husband is doing well following his hip replacement surgery on June 20. He has his post-op appointment last week and was told to continue his physical therapy exercises and do whatever he felt like - including driving.

The physician's assistant suggested he drive first in a parking lot and stomp on the brakes a few times to see how it felt. If it hurt, then don't drive and try again in a few days.

My husband tends to brake with his left foot anyway. He has more trouble getting in and out of vehicles than anything. His truck suits him much better than my Camry.

He is still no ball of fire, but it's only been three weeks, and I think he's doing well for that period of time.

The incision appears to be healing well. I don't like to look at it but I see it when I help him dry off his feet. He still can't bend over far enough to do that.

Fortunately, he can now put on his own socks.


1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear all is progressing well. Hang in there, he will be on the go again before you know it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.