Wednesday, June 01, 2022

A Poem

If you had seen what I had seen
The you would be as I have been
Never would you question me
If you could see as I can see.

Like the yarn caught in my thumb
Women's work makes the heart grow numb.
Manly men move hither and yon
Acting as if women's work - is none.

Blunder, bluster, pounding of chest
whilst holding closer to the inner vest
the beauty of life that soon departs
without knowing what is in a heart.

Gather round the corner store
where men boast and often bore
Leaving woman to her home and hearth
or hemorrhaging, giving birth.

Separate loves and separate lives
leading to life's little lies
Too soon the ending comes to be
If only you saw as I can see.

1 comment:

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.