Thursday, May 26, 2022

Thursday Thirteen

Here are 13 facts about my locality, based on the 2020 Census.

Total Population - 34,747 (100%)

Population in Households - 34,460 (99.2%)

Population in Families - 29,603 (85.2%)

Population in Group Quarters - 287 ( 0.8%) (this includes nursing home facilities)

Population Density - 64

Diversity Index - 16 (different races and ethnic groups. The lower the number, the less diverse. We are not diverse.)

Total HU (Housing Units)  - 15,534 (100%)

Owner Occupied HU - 11,771 (75.8%)

Renter Occupied HU - 2,011 (12.9%)

Vacant Housing Units - 1,752 (11.3%)

Median Home Value - $274,781

Average Home Value - $312,146

Housing Affordability Index - 152 (above 100 means increased affordability)


We do not have a lot of affordable housing here, although that may be improving with the addition of apartment complexes on the southern end. Appearances and actual data are not always the same. That housing affordability index number surprised me the most.

____________________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while, and this is my 757th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

3 comments:

  1. I'm not good with numbers, have low comprehension on that when there are too many. Kind of like I don't process/recall directions well if at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are "group quarters?" Are they SRO (single room occupancy) like the YMCA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose they could be, but we don't have anything like that in our county. We have nursing home facilities and that was the one thing in the list that actually applies to my locality.

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.