Sunday, March 20, 2022

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Do you like sushi?

A. I have never had it nor have I ever had the desire to try it.

2. What color is your car?

A. White.

3. What is your favorite thing about the place where you live?

A. It's lovely here, with the Blue Ridge Mountains ringing the Roanoke valley. The seasons are beautiful, with spring - almost here - dressing up the trees and shrubs with flowers, and summer settling into a comforting sea of green that stretches for as far as one can see. In Autumn, the trees put on their best finery, with colors ranging from dull browns to brilliant reds and flaunty yellows, and while winter can appear dull and dreary, a snowfall quickly changes the world to a wonderland spectacular. And even in the deep darkness of the winter days, there is always the promise of the spring to come. Additionally, most folks are decent - maybe not as kind as in my younger days, but humanity remains. History, too, calls to me, keening out my roots that go as far back as I can trace them, for here my ancestors from England and Scotland settled, seeing something of their homeland in these wonderous Blue Ridge Mountains. And then there is my husband, without whom I would be lost.

4. Are there brands of certain items that you will ONLY buy that brand (ie paper towels, ketchup, etc.)?

A. We have to have Heinz catsup, Baked Lays potato chips, and Lays lightly salted wavy potato chips. I also prefer Cheer Free for washing my private clothes, but it is hard to come by these days so I will be switching to All Free and Clear when I've used the last of my Cheer Free. Additionally, other items must be unscented and hypoallergenic because of my allergies.

5. Are you allergic to any food? Animals? Plants? Medicines?

A. I am allergic to shellfish, dogs, cats, (anything with fur), most trees and grasses, molds, dust and dander, and a few medications. Basically, most of the world.

6. Have you ever been stung or bitten by an animal?

A. I've been stung by bees and spiders. I had a spider bite me on my little finger one time and I couldn't feel it for over a year! I don't recall any serious animal bites.

7. Do you have a favorite bird? Do you feed the birds at your house or the park?

A. I do not have a favorite bird. We put out a bird feeder in the winter months. We were a little late getting it out this year and the birds either didn't need it or had a difficult time finding it.

8. What would you recommend binging on Netflix or similar?

A. I don't subscribe to anything but Amazon Prime and HBO Max (comes with my DirecTv). We enjoyed Downton Abby (that was on PBS), and watch The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, The Gilded Age, My Brilliant Friend, Gentleman Jack (returning in April!), and a few other shows. In the past, we really liked Six Feet Under, Masters of Sex, Band of Brothers, and Game of Thrones.

9. What is your proudest achievement?

A. Remaining married for almost 39 years, if that counts. If it doesn't, then obtaining my masters degree.

10. Do you have or are you from a big family?

A. My immediate family had four people in it, but my mother had four brothers and a sister, and my father had a sister and three brothers. So, I had lots of aunts and uncles and cousins, although my father's family all moved to California when I was a baby so I never really knew them except as voices on the phone.

11. What do you do for exercise?

A. I walk.

12. What would be your favorite breakfast? (You didn’t have to cook it yourself.)

A. Eggs, bacon, grits, a piece of toast with Concord grape jelly, biscuits and gravy, and apple juice to drink. I haven't had a breakfast like that in years.

13. Is there an item that you really want but cannot afford?

A. I try not to lust after the things I cannot have.

14. What was the farthest distance you made for your holidays?

A. I don't understand this question.

15. Are you afraid of speaking in public?

A. I am not fond of it, but I have done it.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in 
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

7 comments:

  1. #1. It really is nice. You would be surprised.

    #5. Mrs PM is allergic to shellfish too.

    #8. A lot of people like Downton ABbey - I don't get it. Also, I'm surprised Gentleman Jack has made it over there.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds lovely where you live.
    #12...My Granie would make a big breakfast like that all of the time when I visited her. I sure do miss her cooking. I miss her all around, but my goodness could she cook. Her jelly was even homemade. She had some grape vines in her back yard, and she would buy peaches and make peach jelly which was my favorite.
    #14- same, I did not understand the question either. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heinz catsup is a must around here, too...probably because of proximity to Heinz headquarters being in Pittsburgh, it's just the most evident one in the area. Virginia has some absolutely beautiful countryside and liking history, myself, I always enjoy your posts about the history of your area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot that I was stung by a spider once, when I was a kid. My thumb swelled up but it didin't last more than a couple of days. I never realized spiders stung.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gentleman Jack?? I've got to look that up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love grits, but I'm more of a have them for dinner type of gal--Shrimp and Grits is one of the first things I tackled when I decided to take on cooking again a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Number 14 threw me, too! Your allergies sound like mine - dust, mold, trees, grass, cats, dogs, and the list goes on!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.