Sunday, March 27, 2022

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Are you living a meaningful life?

A. A meaningful life is individual, and what each person deems it to be. This is not something anyone can pass judgment on, probably not even the person living the life. While we like to think of ourselves as individuals, we touch the lives of others every day, and with books and words, sometimes for millenniums. Who is to say what impact an individual life may or may not have?

2. What’s the one thing you cannot live without?

A. Air.

3. When is it acceptable, if ever, to break the law?

A. When it is to save someone else. If the sign says, "Fine of $300 for walking on the grass" and someone is over on the grass yelling for help, I'm not going to not walk on the grass. I'm going to go help.

4. What do you want your final words to be?

A. I don't care what they are, really.

5. What do you think are the five most beautiful things in the world?

A. My husband's eyes, my brother's smile, music of any kind, green grass, and blue birds.

6. What makes you feel empowered?

A. Standing in the Wonder Woman stance. (Hands in fists, held at hips. <|> )

7. Which is more important–what you say, or how you say it?

A. They are both important. In our new world of texting, what you say has become more important than verbal inflexion, but they both matter.

8. Do you live to work, or work to live?

A. I work to do something that I enjoy.

9. How do you think the world will change in 10 years? 50? 100?

A. I'm not sure the US will be a democracy in 10 years. It will still be a superpower because we have so much armory, but democracy is about dead. In 100 years, I suspect we will have blown ourselves up and whatever is left of humanity will be picking up the pieces.

10. What is something you’re certain you’ll never experience?

A. What the world will be like in 100 years.

11. What one responsibility do you wish you didn’t have?

A. Cooking.

12. What is something you’re embarrassed that you’re so good at?

A. Video games.

13. What’s the one thing you most want to achieve before you die?

A. Secret dreams are best left unsaid.

14. What’s something that offends you?

A. Ted Cruz. Well, he's a someone, I suppose. Something that offends me is a KKK hood.

15. What makes you most angry about the country?

A. We've become a bunch of whiny little puffballs who are so wrapped up their individuality that they couldn't come together to build a snowman, much less save a country. I've never seen such emotionally immature and infantile behavior on display in recent years in my entire life. When I was in kindergarten, the kids behaved better than the adults do today. If we were nuked tomorrow, it would be no less than we deserve.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in 
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

5 comments:

  1. Many of our answers are remarkably similar :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It scares me to think about what the world will be like in the future. Maybe things will turn around. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good answers to #2 and #10.

    I've heard of Ted Cruz and lord help you if he ever becomes President.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  4. #14--I was explaining to my students that there have always been senators whose very existance rubbed people the wrong way. I used Ted Cruz as my example. (We were discussing Henry Clay as the great compromiser)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't think of a KKK hood when I was answering that question but your answer stopped me in my tracks. Yes - that is VERY offensive.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.