Sunday, February 13, 2022

Sunday Stealing



1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?

A. Alive or dead? Alive - Hillary Clinton. Dead - Dorothy Parker

2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?

A. I have no desire to be "famous" in that I am recognizable. My name for a long time was recognizable to many people when I wrote more. Generally, fame seems to be a royal pain.

3. Before making a telephone call, do you ever rehearse what you are going to say? Why?

A. Sometimes, if I am making a call about something specific that requires finesse or care. I don't want to be crude in a delicate moment.

4. What would constitute a “perfect” day for you?

A. Sleeping until I wake up. Having a quiet breakfast and reading the newspaper while I eat (yes, I still read the print edition), then playing a little guitar. Reading for much of the day, and then writing in my journal. Good food in between.

5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?

A. I am always singing to myself. I guess since my husband is home, I am singing to him all the time, too.

6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year-old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you want?

A. The body. My mind is better with age, hopefully. The body, not so much.

7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?

A. Yes.

8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.

A. We both like to laugh, we are both nerds (Battle Bots, anyone?), and we are both not fans of Nazis.

9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?

A. My husband.

10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?

A. I would not have been born.

11. Describe your life in one paragraph.

A. Maybe I'll get back to this one.

12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained any one quality or ability, what would it be?

A. Time travel.

13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?

A. I would like to know the future. Not when I'm going to die or anything, but how humanity turns out.

14. Is there something that you’ve dreamed of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?

A. Yes, and because I'm a perfectionistic procrastinator.

15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?

A. I don't know. I have a good marriage. I have three college degrees. I've written thousands of articles. I'm a decent person, hopefully kind and caring. Those are all good accomplishments.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in 
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

7 comments:

  1. I would still read the newspaper, but we stopped getting it when they doubled the price while it kept getting thinner and thinner and most of the content seemed to be ads. :( Yes, I would say those are all good accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on #6. I want to keep the wisdom I have gained over the years. My mind is still sharp, so I am good with it. I would love to have my 30 year old body though. Loved your answers! Have a nice day! ♥

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your perfect day does sound perfect! I would substitute knitting for playing guitar since I don't know how to play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your husband sound very romantic in your way. Very content and well matched. (Sigh. I'm sentimental because it's Valentine's Day weekend.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always loved reading a "real" newspaper. I gave it up when our local paper went to cheap paper. I detest holding cheap paper in my hands. Isn't that silly?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you had spent time with my mother the last few years, you probably would have a different answer to #6

    ReplyDelete
  7. #12 - A better answer than mine. Yes - time travel would be amazing - off to the future I would go.

    #15 - and you can play the guitar.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.