Sunday, January 09, 2022

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing


1. What was the warmest welcome you’ve ever received?

A. I have no idea. I'm not a public speaker or anything. Most people were not happy to see a news reporter.

2. What was the best thing about your youth?

A. That I grew out of it.

3. Who is the most interesting person you’ve ever met?

A. Over the course of my work as a news reporter, I met many interesting people. It would be difficult to pinpoint who was the most interesting. Everyone is interesting to me as we all have a story that is all our own.

4. What is the least you’ve ever worn in public?

A. That would be a two-piece bathing suit when I was a teenager.

5. What was the worst vacation you ever took?

A. We've had several bad vacations. We went to Virginia Beach in 1989, immediately after the Greekfest riots. When we arrived, we found that the power was out on our side of the street, and the hotel was running off a generator. There was no air conditioning and little light. I think we were nearly the only people in the place. We changed hotels to one with electricity. Most of the shops were closed and boarded up. The destruction was much worse than we had anticipated and certainly much worse than the hotel people had led us to believe when we called. We didn't go back to Virginia Beach until a few years ago, and we had a nice time then. We've also had to leave Myrtle Beach early several times, once because I was sick, once because my husband was sick, and maybe four times because of hurricane evacuations.

6. What room in your home do you spend the most time?

A. My office, where my computer and my guitars are.

7. Who made the strongest first impression on you?

A. I hate to say this, but Bob McDonnell, the disgraced former Republican governor of Virginia. When I met him, he was campaigning for a lower office, but I knew then he would be governor. He was very charismatic.

8. What was the most surprising action you’ve ever taken?

A. I suspect my husband would say it was when I went on an impromptu airplane ride with one of the county's wealthiest patrons (a known drunk). He still tells me that wasn't smart. 

9. When was your life most out of control?

A. Probably from about 1987 to 1992, while we were trying to have a child, I was sick all the time with endometriosis and multiple surgeries, and trying to work and go to college at the same time.

10. What would you be best at, were you to change careers?

A. I would like to work in video games. I don't know if I'd be any good at it, but it would be fun to try. Otherwise, if I changed careers, I'd probably try to go from article writing to advertising. The money is better in advertising.

11.  What is the cruelest thing a person has ever said to you?

A. I think I don't want to go there this morning. But, people don't need to tell me I'm overweight. I already know that. It is a cruel thing to say. Not the cruelest thing anyone has said to me, but it is not something I need to hear.

12. What is the best thing you ever won as a prize?

A. My Virginia Press Association awards for writing.

13. What is your strongest argument against capital punishment?

A. I think killing someone who killed someone else lets them off too easily. Life in prison, to be forever at the mercy at others, to have to live in a jail, seems to me a far worse punishment than death, where the suffering is no more. Plus, it's just wrong to take another life.

14. What have you been most ignorant about in life?

A. Other people. I had rose-colored eyeballs for a long time even though I knew there were some people who could be mean and ornery. I just didn't realize how many people are not nice as a default.

15. Where would you most hate to be pierced?

A. My tongue.

__________

I encourage you to visit other participants in 
Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

4 comments:

  1. an airplane ride! Whee...very spontaneous and brave. Something in your intuition said it would be okay and it was. Why do people feel they have the right to comment on a person's body or appearance... how stupid really when you think about it. And I don't want to think about the cruel things that have been said to me... they crop up because for some reason they stick with a person

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about piercing my tongue (I mean as an answer to the question; not in real life). I can't imagine how uncomfortable that would be for the rest of your life. But I know that people DO pierce genitalia (can't imagine why) and that would definitely hurt more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to agree about piercing one's tongue. Ouch is all I can say. I also heard that dentists do not like to work on patients with pierced tongues because of the rate of infection that might occur. I honestly think anything else other than piercing ears is just a bit "off the top" (at least for me :)

    That vacation to Virginia Beach does sound like a nightmare! I think our worst would be the last night of our honeymoon when we were in Hollywood, California. Not the "glamour" part of Hollywood (not that I think any of it is glamour) but our motel was in a really shady area with lots of fighting going on outside and the like. I woke up at 2 a.m. and saw a cockroach on the wall. We literally checked out then and drove home to San Diego. We sure didn't pick the right motel that time!

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.