Thursday, December 09, 2021

Thursday Thirteen

Last night before I fell asleep, I was thinking about what to write for Thursday Thirteen. Old commercials popped into my mind.

1.  Valleydale


2. Frito Bandito


3. Oscar Meyer


4. Armour Hot Dogs


5. Chiquita Bananas



6. Where's the Beef?


7. Mr. Whipple squeezing Charmin

8. Evans Drug Store, Evans Drug Store, good prescription service! Intersection at Airport and Williamson Road! Delivery in the city, and in the county, too! For drugs, cosmetics, school supplies, it's Evans Drug store! (Local commercial. I remember the words)

9. The lady dipping her hand in dishwashing liquid - Palmolive.

10. The Maytag Repair Man

11. Pearl Drop Toothpastes (my grandmother hated this one)

12. The Native American with a tear in his eye because of all of the trash thrown out.

13. Mikey! He likes it! (Life Cereal).

Here's 14 minutes worth of old commercials:


Many of these would be considered incorrect today. But they are an interesting way of looking at the world I grew up in.

_____________________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 734th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

4 comments:

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.