Thursday, December 23, 2021

Thursday Thirteen

It's Little Christmas Eve, and I'm feeling nostalgic. Here are toys I remember from childhood. How many are still around? Which ones did you, dear reader, play with?

1. Lincoln Logs 


2. Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots

3. Candyland game


4. Barrel of Monkeys

5. Baby Tenderlove

6. Mrs. Beasley doll

7. Fisher Price Farm Set


8. Paddle Ball

9. Johnny West & Friends dolls 



10. Action Jackson doll

11. Little green army men

12. Erector set

13. Tonka Toys



_____________________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 736th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

7 comments:

  1. Some classics right there!
    Sorry - blogger will only let me use a different login but this is Jennifer over at My Blissful Journeyhttps://myblissfuljourney.mystrikingly.com/blog/tt-things-on-my-mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Etch a Sketch! I still have some little green army men, real tonka truck and Candyland. I hope you have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I had Lincoln Logs as a kid. Or my brother did. I vaguely recall them. I do remember my Cabbage Patch Kid, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a lot of those toys! My friend had the Erector set and I played with him. I did get a Red Derby Skateboard around 1965 or 66. I was a tomboy and liked to compete with the boys. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Candyland. I think when my older brothers had kids my mother had a mini Barrel of Monkeys in the toy box. My oldest (he just turned 40 a few days ago) had the Western Town set with the same horses as the farm. His siblings played with it, and it's in my shed now. I don't know what I'm keeping it for! I never got my kids Lincoln Logs!
    I had loads of other cowboy and horse toys, just not that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one or two little green army men around, If, that is, the kids haven’t carted them off somewhere. Merry Christmas, CountryDew!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always wanted Lincoln logs, but they were for boys,so my mother wouldn't let me have them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.