Saturday, November 06, 2021

Saturday 9: All I Have to Do Is Dream

 
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.

1) Did you dream last night?

A. I dream every night, in living color (and yes, with smells - it never occurred to me that other people didn't smell things in their dreams until the other week). For the last several nights I've been dreaming of being trapped in various and sundry places and ways. I don't always remember the where and why, but I have been waking up with the feeling still with me. Sometimes it's hard to shake it off.

2) In this song, The Everly Brothers dream of kissing "lips of wine." Do you prefer red or white wine?

A. I don't drink. But I think I'd like something like blackberry wine.
 
3) In 1975, Rolling Stone ranked Phil and Don #1 on their list of the greatest duos of all time. Name another musical twosome.

A. The Captain and Tennille. The Carpenters. 

4) Mike Love has acknowledged the influence The Everly Brothers had on The Beach Boys' harmonies. What's your favorite Beach Boys song?

Good Vibrations.

5) The pressure of touring took its toll on the Everly Brothers' personal relationship, and those stresses spilled onto the stage. They once had a fight in front their audience that ended with Phil smashing his guitar and storming off. Have you ever busted something in anger?

A. Yes.
 
6) One of Don's friends was author/storyteller Garrison Keillor and that's how the Everly Brothers came to perform on Keillor's radio program, A Prairie Home Companion. Do you often listen to the radio or to podcasts?

A. I listen to both, but mostly I listen to 70's classic rock on Alexa. If I listen to the radio, then it's NPR or a local station in the car. I try to listen to a Ted talk once or twice a week, but there aren't podcasts I regularly follow. I have enough of everyone else's opinions in my life. I don't need any more.
 
7) The brothers chose to live in different cities and held opposite views on politics. Don said, "Everything is different about us, except when we sing." Do you have siblings? If so, are you more alike or different?

A. I have a brother and we are alike in some things but different in others.

8) In 1958, the year this song was a hit, Americans were doing the Cuban dance, the cha-cha-cha. Do you ever dance or sing when you're home alone?

A. Yes.
 
9) Random question -- Do you believe we each get one true love?

A. No. There are so many different ways to love a person, and we all have so much love to give, if we'd only give it, that I don't think that is true even though I've been with the same guy for 38 years.

_______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however. 

10 comments:

  1. There are many ways to show love. I do remember my first love though I was just a teen. My husband and I just completed 47 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when a dream is so vivid and real that the feeling stays with you. That's cool, though, that you dream smells. I don't think I've ever heard anyone else say they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised that you have broken something in anger. I imagine you as being far more contained (not less angry, but less demonstrative).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a long time ago. I seriously doubt I would ever do anything like that now.

      Delete
  4. Lingering dreams are a weird sensation. And I like your #9 answer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alexa plays great music for me, too

    ReplyDelete
  6. You could add up all three of my marriages 18 + 3 + 7 and I'm still a decade short...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Almost chose “Good Vibrations”. I love the Beachboy's Surf scene vibe.
    I agree about opinions of others, not of friends but of talking heads. Now is the time for staring out at the ocean and getting back to calm places. Peace... you know?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your answer to #9 and I enjoy TedTalk too! I do not listen regularly, but when I do, I enjoy it. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would be so odd to be related to the whole town. Just not inside my experience.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.