Saturday, October 30, 2021

Saturday 9: Werewolves of London


Unfamiliar with this week's featured song? Hear it here. (Great questions!)
 
1) In this song, Warren Zevon sees a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand. He wanted beef chow mein. If we Saturday 9ers got together for Chinese, what would you likely order?

A. Sweet and sour chicken with an egg roll.

2) He also says the werewolf's hair was perfect. Are you having a good hair day?

A. It's not bad. I'm due for a cut next week so it's a bit on the long side.

3) Linda Ronstadt was a big Warren Zevon fan and recorded several of his songs. Do you have a favorite Linda Ronstadt song?

A. Blue Bayou. That song really shows off her pipes. However, I also love her song Shattered. When I'm feeling really low and want to hear something that reflects my mood, this is my go-to song.

4) Warren Zevon admitted being afraid of doctors and avoided check ups. Are you scared when you go to the doctor or dentist for a routine visit?

A. No. It's a good thing, too, since I am at the doctor's office at least every 3 months.

5) In 1935, the movie Werewolf of London was released. Do you enjoy being frightened by scary movies?

A. I don't watch scary movies much any more. At least, not the horror kind. These days, just watching the news is freaking scary. More scary than a lot of horror movies, actually.

6) In your younger days, did you ever trick or treat while dressed as a monster?

A. I don't recall all of my costumes. I know I went as a witch, but I don't consider a witch to be a monster.

7) When you were a kid, what sweet treats were you happiest to receive?

A. Anything chocolate. And Smarties. I still eat Smarties sometimes.

8) Can you see any Halloween decorations as you answer these 9 questions?

A. I have a Halloween card on my desk that my pen pal sent me, but that's it.

9) Halloween is most popular in the United States and Canada, and isn't really celebrated at all in Japan or South Korea. How would you explain our Halloween customs to a visitor from another land?

A. People dress up however they want, then take their children and go door to door and ask for candy. A threat is implied, as in, you may end up with your house wrapped with toilet paper, if you don't give said candy. It's also celebrated with parties, bobbing for apples, and dancing. It has no religious significance, but some churches find it an offensive holiday, so they offer "trunk or treat" events which still involve giving candy and partying, just more in an evangelically capitalistic Jesus sort of way.




_______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however. 

10 comments:

  1. Everyone has a favorite Chinese dish this morning! It's making me hungry.

    So I'm not the only who doesn't remember my costumes! My mom was really into dressing us up, so it was really her thing, not mine. For me, it was the excitement of going out with my friends after dark. Besides, here in Chicagoland, it was also so cold we had to wear coats anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #7 Saturday 9ers seem to like our chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am DYING at your answer to #9, especially that last sentence. Literally laughing out loud. GREAT answer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smarties. I used to like those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still like Smarties, too. They were a staple among Halloween treats here. They must have been cheap because I remember getting more of them than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Linda is my favorite. And Oh does she have pipes.
    Liked all your inciteful answers but 9. 9 is my favorite! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. In this day and age, I wonder if people still get their homes decorated with toilet paper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I brought Josh to this Chinese food get together, and I would because I talk about him a lot...he would also have sweet and sour chicken. That is his favorite. Chinese sounds so good right now. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great, now I want Chinese food! Lol! I too love smarties. I always ate those first out of my candy as a kid.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.