Friday, August 27, 2021

August 27 Happiness Challenge

This evening I went out to eat with my family. It was the first time I'd been inside a restaurant to eat since March 2020.

There were few people around us so I felt comfortable without my mask. We had a nice visit to celebrate my stepmother's birthday. 

We ate at Coach and Four, which is where my husband proposed to me in July of 1983. They even still have the same booth! I should have taken a picture.

For my family to get together and not have yelling and screaming is unusual, but this time we were all very polite and had a really nice time. So it can be done! We can get together and act normal.

It was also a relief to eat somewhere besides my house or in the car in the parking lot of a restaurant. Unfortunately, the way the Covid numbers are climbing, I suspect it will be a while before we return to any semblance of normal.

But at least we had one evening out. Also, Dad paid!





Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.


1 comment:

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.