Wednesday, August 25, 2021

August 25 Happiness Challenge

Today I am giving out a big shout to grocery pick up.

I didn't like it when I first started it, back at the beginning of the pandemic, but the store also wasn't up to speed on it.

Now, it goes like clockwork. I sit at the computer, pick out what I want, go to the store, let them know I've arrived, they load it in my trunk, I bring it home.

Easy peasy.

I had gone back to in-store shopping when things looked a bit brighter, but with the cases on the rise, I have returned to using the pick up option. I also had forgotten some of the things that aggravated me when I shopped inside, things like screaming children, overwhelming perfume scents, and cigarette smoke at the door exit.

Seeing people I know is one of the good things about shopping in the store, along with the exercise of walking the aisles, but I came home and walked on the treadmill. So there's that.

Hurray for options.


4 comments:

  1. I use it for canned goods,frozen foods and such. I will go in and pick my own produce and meats. When I let them do it I tend to get old stuff. Shortens my visit for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shop in the store and wear a mask. I like going to Hobby Lobby and get my exercise in their as I wear a mask. I might use the pick up service if things get bad again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite local supermarket is just starting to offer curbside pickup. I can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad it's working for you! I've had trouble with Instacart. But it sounds like you have found the perfect solution.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.