Sunday, June 27, 2021

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not?

A. It depends on the surprise. A nice surprise, like a birthday party, is ok. A surprise like, oh, you've got an ulcer again, not ok.

2. In the evening, would you rather play a game, visit a relative, watch a movie, or read?

A. Read.

3. Would you rather vacation in Hawaii or Alaska, and why?

A. I'd rather go to Hawaii, preferably at a time when the temperatures are not above 80 degrees. It sounds like it would be fun and relaxing if the temperatures were ok. Alaska is cold.

4. Would you rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? And why?

A. I'd rather win the lottery because then I could work the perfect job without worrying about whether or not I could work the perfect job and still eat.

5. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?

A. Sometime in the Victorian Era, I think.

6. Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?

A. My watch.

7. How many pairs of shoes do you own?

A. I have no idea. I have many pairs of sneakers because I have bad feet, and it has taken many pairs of sneakers to find shoes that don't make me limp.

8. What would you do if you won the lottery?

A. I will assume this is a massive fortune and not a $200 payout. I would pay my bills, give money to family, set up a charitable trust fund, put some away for retirement, and build a library.

9. What form of public transportation do you prefer? (air, boat, train, bus, car, etc.)

A. Car.

10. What's your favorite zoo animal?

A. I haven't been to a zoo in years, but I suppose if I must choose, it would be an elephant.

11. If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be?

A. I would stop Abraham Lincoln from being killed.

12. How many pillows do you sleep with?

A. Four.

13. What's the longest you've gone without sleep (and why)?

A. In the year 2011, we drove to Myrtle Beach. This is a 6-7 hour drive. We had problems checking into our motel, but finally got into the room. We went to dinner and did a little shopping. When we returned to our room, we discovered that the TV didn't work and the fire alarm was chirping. We waited an hour and no one came to fix anything, so we packed our stuff back into the car, insisted upon a refund of our money, and drove back home, arriving almost 24 hours after we left. That and the time I spent waiting for my husband to come out of surgery when he had his hand operated on after his injury with the hay baler in 2014, would be the longest times I have gone without sleep in recent memory.

14. What's the tallest building you've been to the top in?

A. I have been to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

15.  What are your hobbies?

A. I read, write, play the guitar, play video games.

_______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

5 comments:

  1. I like your answers today.
    We agree on some of them.
    Have a good Sunday.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. #11 -- JFK enjoyed spending time with historians and scholars who would return his calls, now that he was POTUS. After listening to academics analyze the Reconstruction, he concluded it was going to be messy and ugly, regardless of who was in charge. He said rather coolly that Lincoln died at the right time for his legacy and that if he was worried about how history would view him, he himself "should" have been assassinated right after The Cuban Missile Crisis. I don't believe in pre-knowing, but it is haunting. We really don't know for sure what JFK would have done with civil rights or Vietnam, and like Lincoln with the Reconstruction, we're able to give him credit for being able to solve the unsolvable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to check to see the height of the Eiffel Tower...which is somewhat shorter than the World Trade Center. I've been to the top of the Tower too.

    Alaska has seasons. We were there in the summer, and the weather was quite pleasant. It's also a beautiful state, but Hawaii has better post card views!

    Interesting about your watch. I stopped wearing a watch about 20 years ago and haven't missed it a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how awful about your vacation on #13. So disappointing. That is awesome you got to go to Paris though. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alaska is cold (even in May when I went) - but it is beautiful.

    I've been to the top of the Eiffel Tower - twice. The first time I was young and not scared of heights. The second time I was older and it terrified me. I am not going up there again - and I will return to Paris some day.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.