Sunday, May 30, 2021

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. When do you feel the world will stop?

A. For me, it will stop when I'm dead. I think humanity will destroy itself within the next 500 years or so. Mother Earth will continue until the sun goes out.

2. What is your personal motto?

A. Do no harm.

3. What is the greatest gift you ever received?

A. Other people's time. I treasure the time people choose to spend with me, because I know they could spend it elsewhere if they wanted.

4. Who is a leader who inspires you?

A. Leaders generally do not inspire me. Hillary Clinton was inspirational for sticking with it even when she was facing a lot of BS from the other side. She should get a medal simply for putting up with BS.

5. What irrationally annoys you more than anything else?

A. My husband. He a "who" and not a "what," but there you go.

6. What small thing can always bring you a bit of joy?

A. A hug.

7. What is your favorite thing to do on a lazy day?

A. Read a book.

8. How often do you take risks?

A. Not as often as I should.

9. Write about your happiest memory.

A. I don't know which memory is the happiest. I don't categorize memories like that. But here's a memory. I learned to read very young. I had an uncle who was in school, and he said I couldn't read, that I was memorizing the books read to me. I am not sure how old I was, but old enough to talk back and know when I was being patronized. I told him to find me a book I'd never read and I would read it to him. He brought home the Cat in the Hat from the school library (my family didn't read much Dr. Suess), and I immediately sat down and read it aloud to him. And he had to admit I could read. I was full of myself for (a) being able to read and (b) proving it to him. People have doubted me all of my life, I feel like I've had to read that Cat in the Hat book every step of the way just to prove I can.

10. How long do you think it will be before we see a female president?

A. A while.

11. Do you think it’s important to be part of a community?  Why? Why not?

A. Yes, it is important to be part of a community. As a citizen, one has a duty to give back to the world, even if it's only a little bit. No man is an island unto himself, we are all connected. We would do well to remember that.

12. What piece of modern technology are you most grateful to have?

A. My computer. I like it better than a cellphone because I can see it.

13. Do you feel anonymous on line?

A. To some degree. It depends on where I am.

14. What is something you’ve always wanted to try but have never gotten around to?

A. I always wanted to travel more, but with a husband who's wed to a farm, that proved more difficult than I ever imagined.

15. What would life be like without the internet?

A. Much better. We would have more community that isn't online; we'd have to meet face to face or over the phone. It's much harder to be mean and nasty in person, although I've noticed some people have completely lost their filters now and can be mean and nasty any ol' time they choose.

_______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

9 comments:

  1. I fully agree with your answer to #1. Mankind is doomed, thanks to our selfishness and greed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed your answer to #9.
    Actually I enjoyed all of your answers.
    Have a nice day.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your answers, agree that Hillary should get an award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your strong answers, esp. #9 and #11. I feel you were so open and it is refreshing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree with you on Hillary Clinton. And I loved the story of the Cat n the Hat, which was the first book MY daughter read too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't you the complicated blogger! First you say you're most grateful for your computer, then you argue that we'd all be better off without the internet. That was a plot twist I didn't see coming.

    I ask this as a barren spinster: Do you annoy your husband as much as he annoys you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nobody ever said I had to make sense! I am sure I annoy my husband as much as he annoys me. We have a mutual annoyance agreement. It's part of the marriage/roommate agreement, Paragraph 8(c) subsection (10)a:1.

      Delete
  7. I can see your point about #15 - but without it you wouldn't be able to read the nonsense that I write.

    Actually - that supports your argument.

    ;o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.