Sunday, May 02, 2021

Sunday Stealing


1. What was your proudest moment?

A. I should probably say my wedding day, but honestly I think it was when I received my master's degree.
 
2. What is your favorite childhood memory?

A. My grandmother holding me on her lap and singing "Daisy, Daisy" to me.

3. Describe your dream vacation.

A. It would be a year-long around the world vacation, with a guide, a personal assistant, and a massage therapist in a large private jet. (First, there would be a time machine and I'd be about 33 years old.) We would visit every single continent, spend time in Italy, New Zealand, Japan, Ireland, England, South Africa, Brazil, and see the pyramids, Machu Picchu, The Great Wall of China, Paris, St. Petersburg, etc. After that, I'd go up in a SpaceX ship and spend a week on the Space Station. I don't think I could take those confined quarters for any longer than a week.

Well, the question said "dream vacation" and didn't put limits on it.

4. Do you see yourself as an optimist, pessimist, or realist?  Why?

A. A realist with pessimistic leanings. I have learned over the years that the glass is always half empty and somebody else gets to drink the water. All I am able to do is look at it.

5. What is something you wanted to do as a child, but never got to do?

A. I wanted to go on an archeology dig and look for dinosaurs.

6. What board game do you hate the most?

A. I haven't played a board game in years. I don't recall hating any of them.

7. Describe the worst haircut you ever got.

A. That might be the one I had back in early March, or possibly a majority of the cuts I've had in the last 2 1/2 years since my regular stylist retired and I have had a difficult time finding a replacement. I've grown used to looking like a dog chewed up my hair.

8. What’s the worst job you ever had?

A. I took a job at a bank and stayed less than two months. It was the most boring, unthinking, rote work I have ever done in my life, and I sat at my desk and cried every day. It wasn't a bank, it was a credit union. One did not deal with customers, just opened envelopes with checks and made totals in columns. It was a real mess, because my parents banked there, and my father was quite angry with me for not sticking with the job. But I quit and went to college, which was where I wanted to be in the first place. We bank there now. That was almost 40 years ago.

9. What is one thing you want to be remembered for?

A. My writing, I suppose. I tried hard to educate the public on local issues.

10. On a scale of 1-10, what is the highest level of pain you’ve ever experienced?

A. Ten, after gallbladder surgery. The surgeon very unhelpfully left no orders for me to receive pain medication, because he was in a hurry to get to his tennis game, and I writhed in pain with nothing but Tylenol for several hours before someone from his practice finally gave the nursing staff the OK for pain meds. It's a good think his partner came in the next morning to send me home, because I think my husband would have punched him in the nose.

11. What fashion trend do you wish would go away?

A. I don't pay much attention to fashion. People can dress however they want.

12. What’s the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?

A. Most of mine are weird. I can't say that there are any that are weirder than the others.

13. What are 2 weaknesses you have?

A. I'm a bleeding heart and I take people at their word, generally, so I am easily lied to (and thus easily hurt).

14. How would you spend your 100th birthday?

A. I expect to spend it in the cemetery, but if I live that long, maybe someone will remember me and come visit.

15. What food/drinks would you pack in a picnic basket?

A. Sandwiches, Diet Dr. Pepper for my husband, bottles of water, potato chips, cookies, and a piece of cake for each of us.

_______________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. I did answer my wedding day for #1.
    We have the same answer for #11.
    Have a good Sunday.

    https://gloriasretiredlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe your doctor would forget to give you pain meds! I'm not surprised your husband would have punched him in the nose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go on your vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We share # 13 ( easily lied to and easily hurt) sometimes I even know they are lying but I just don’t want to believe they feel the need to lie to me. Your picnic sounds nice. Always though a picnic would be a lovely and romantic date.It would include two off my favorite things little money spent and no people if you pic the right place! I wish you’d give me a shot at the haircut. I know you’d be happy with the result.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would draw the line at space travel for a vacation - unless they invent a transporter.

    My hair looks like it has been attacked by a raving lawnmower every morning.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that Round the World thing, but wouldn't you rather be 29?
    I'm a bleeding heart, too. The thing is that I'd rather be that way than be a cynical Witch, so that's good, right?
    And, I would definitely camp near by the whole of winter on my cross country trip, just so we could do fun things together..

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.