Thursday, February 04, 2021

Thursday Thirteen

We are two weeks into a new administration. Here are 13 things that I find relieving and improved:

1. President Joe Biden wears blue socks with dogs on them.

2. I don't have to worry about what rant is being played out on Twitter.

3. The White House press briefings, which I listen to almost every day, are sane, mannerly, pleasant, and full of information.

4. Nobody's relatives are taking over various and sundry offices and projects.

5. There are dogs in the White House! Yay for the First Dogs!

6. Politeness is in, bullying is out. I can't tell you what a relief that is.

7. There is a national pandemic plan!

8. Masks are in, being obnoxious is out.

9. The President reads his daily intelligence briefings.

10. Voice of America has returned to real journalists and is no longer a pro-#45 propaganda machine.

11. Nobody cared how big the crowd was or was not at the inauguration.

12. We've rejoined the Paris climate accord and the World Health Organization.

13. Dr. Anthony Fauci looks like he's had a 10-pound gorilla removed from his shoulders when he - not an ill-informed person - gives Covid briefings.

_____________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 693rd time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

9 comments:

  1. I did a double take on those socks. We now have an adult in the room. Daylight finally. Better than I thought even.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list, Anita. I agree 100 percent. WHooo-hoooo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just having Trump out of office lets me breathe better and sleep better. You just never knew what that idiot would do next, and that was very troubling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so relieved that the White House is returning to normal. It's reassuring to have a president who understands how goverment should work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the First Dogs! Good list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES! 13x over!

    I loved seeing Susan Collins come to the microphone and say that the GOP senators met with the POTUS for two hours. I don't even care that they didn't reach an agreement. THEY'RE TALKING!

    And isn't social media a happier place now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So that's what Dr Fauci is about. I noticed him all over socmed pages of my US permanent resident friends at the start of the pandemic last year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can immagine that you are all (or most of you) happy that this clown is gone ! He had become a living joke with all the stupidities he said or did ! I only miss the cartoons and videos about him but there are enough other jokers, less dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's like everyone can breathe normal again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.