Sunday, January 10, 2021

Sunday Stealing


1. What are your plans for January?

A. Mostly to live through it. I also need to work on our taxes.
 
2. What do you want to see happen in 2021?

A. A kinder, gentler world. I don't see it happening, though. What I want and reality are two different things. Unlike some people, I can tell the difference between what I think I see and what I really see.
 
3.  What would you give a 5 star rating?

A. Omaha Steaks sends out good meat.
 
4. Do you have writing goals for 2021?

A. Yes.
 
5. How do you feel about memoirs?

A. I read them occasionally. I am not a fan of them. They're self-serving, usually, and try to "explain away" some incident or another that was not a good look for the person. I prefer a biography where you have a little more balance and a lot less "me."
 
6. If you could join any musical group who would you choose?

A. The Indigo Girls.
 
7. What are your favorite genres across all media?

A. All medias is a pretty large area. In music, I like Adult Top 40 and older songs. I read fantasy, historical fiction, mysteries, local history, and self-help books. I don't watch much TV but I like shows that feature strong women characters.
 
8. What candle scents are your favorite?

A. Unscented. I'm allergic to most scents.
 
9. How well can you mimic other accents or voices?

A. I have a strong southern accent, so I assume not very well.
 
10. What books are on your TBR list in 2021?

A. I have a stack of Stuart Woods books that my husband has read that I will use for those days when I want to read something and not have to think about it. I am not a big Stuart Woods fan but the books read quickly.
 
11. When do you decide it’s time to upgrade/buy something new?

A. Usually when it breaks, tears, or no longer fits. I have many items around my house that are over 30 years old that I continue to use. No point in replacing something that doesn't need replacing.
 
12. Why is your favorite color your favorite color?

A. Had to read that question twice. My favorite color is my favorite color because I like it and because it looks good on me.
 
13. Who understands you the best?

A. My husband.
 
14. Do you write letters?

A. Yes.
 
15. How do you keep going when times are hard?

A. You just do. Even darkness must past, and a new day will come. You have to hope that there is some good in this world, Mr. Frodo.



________________

I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.


5 comments:

  1. I agree with not replacing anything until it is broken. Loved your answers. Have a nice day.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. #12. I never noticed the typo!

    Hmmm...I never realized that there was a difference between "memoir" and "autobiography."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need to watch the Lord of the Rings movies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, Biographies and best. And, pen pals are fun.
    Afraid that I completely blew question 7. Thought it meant printed page.
    #11 We both, and many of the rest of us, thought that way, too.
    15 is lovely and hopeful. Thanks, CountryDew.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is some good in the world, despite some of the things that have happened and are still happening. Things will improve - I am sure of that.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.