Sunday, October 04, 2020

Sunday Stealing #355


1. If you could use a time machine to go back in time to fix one thing or go to the future to see what it would be like, which would you do?

A. I would go to the future. Fixing things in another time can have unintentional and unforeseen consequences. Best to leave that alone, even if things are chaotic at the moment.

2. If suddenly there was a Depression or there were no stores to buy food, clothing, etc., how would you manage?

A. Aren't we living that now? I live on a farm. I would use the clothing I already own, have a vegetable garden (did that this summer), and we have wild animals we can kill if we need to. (I'm assuming the Internet is unavailable, too. If it's not, then hey, there's always Amazon.)

3. Are you concerned with what other people think about you?

A. Obviously I am, because these capital letters in the statements as originally put out are driving me nuts and I don't want that kind of grammatical funk in my blog. So I am rewriting every single question.

4. How do you handle people you don't like?

A. Avoidance.

5. What do you think of garden gnomes?

A. I have two in my garden, but I don't think about them often.

6. You’ve been given an elephant. You can't give it away or sell it. What would you do with the elephant?

A. Put it out to pasture with the cows.

7. How would you design a spice rack for the blind?

A. I wouldn't. I am not into woodworking.

8. How lucky are you and why?

A. I am fortunate, which is not the same as lucky. I am fortunate in that I made a good marriage and we have enough, which is all I've ever asked for. Luck is something else entirely - that's winning the lottery or finding cash in a box by the side of the road. Those types of things seldom happen to me.

9. What’s your biggest kitchen fail?

A. I recently have been undercooking meat, but we determined that the stove isn't heating properly. We have ordered a new thermostat for it. If that ever arrives, then perhaps my "fail" will resolve itself.

10. What’s the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in school?

A. I threw my retainer in the trash can. I went dumpster diving to fish it out, which was quite gross.

11. If you could kill off any character from a current television show, who would it be?

A. No clue.

12. If you could make a rule for a day and everyone had to follow it, what would it be?

A. For 24 hours, everyone would have to be polite and could not be mean and nasty.

13. Would you rather be a hobbit or an elf for 24 hours?

A. I'd rather be an elf. They are skinny, for one thing, and quick on their feet, with keen hearing. Apparently they can also drink all the alcohol they want and never get a buzz.

14. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?

A. That's probably a tie between going up in a hot air balloon and taking a single-engine plane ride around the county with a known drunk.

15. Would your rather shoot spaghetti out of your fingers or sneeze meatballs?

A. Shoot spaghetti out of my fingers. I'd just as soon not sneeze anything.

________________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

7 comments:

  1. I almost had the same answers (just a little different) as several of your answers.
    I enjoyed ALL of your answers.
    Have a good Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA! #3 - I did EXACTLY the same thing.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. with a known drunk... now there's a story...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost rewrote the questions, too, but laziness won.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the capitalization. I just stole it; I didn't edit it!
    It's nice to have someone who knows more about elves than I do. But I still think I'd rather be a hobbit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #7 -- Your response was interesting. Most of us focused on the bottles and labels, but you went with the rack, which was the question.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh gosh, I had a retainer too and forgot the weird things that could and did, happen to it from time to time!! I'd love to hear about the hot air balloon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.