Sunday, September 27, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. What is something someone told you about yourself that you have never forgotten?

A. My teachers told me I could write.

2. What are your top three pet peeves?

A. (1) Potato chips in a bag, because ultimately you end up with crumbs at the end. (2) People who don't know the difference between they're, their, and there. (3) Twitter.

3. List five places you want to visit.

A. Ireland, Scotland, New Zealand, Machu Picchu, the Pyramids in Egypt, and the Amazon rain forest.

4. Share something you struggle with.

A. Self-esteem.

5. Post words of wisdom that speak to you.

A. I have this on my Facebook page right now: "Even dragons have their ending." It's a quote by J.R.R. Tolkien and it reminds me that everything ends, even if it seems like an eternity.

6. What is something you always think “what if . . . ?” about?

A. What if I'd never been born?

7. Name five blessings in your life.

A. My husband, my brother, my friends, my house, my food.

8. Talk about something that you miss.

A. I miss being able to stay up late and read a book.

9. Post about your zodiac sign and whether or not it fits you.

A. I am a Gemini. This is from horoscope.com: "Smart, passionate, and dynamic, Gemini is characterized by the Twins, Castor and Pollux, and is known for having two different sides they can display to the world. Expert communicators, Gemini is the chameleon of the Zodiac, adept at blending into different groups based on the vibe and energy they perceive. While they're also amazing at showcasing surface traits, the Gemini well runs deep, which is why the Twins are one of the Zodiac's most emotionally intelligent signs."

Sounds good. I'll take it. And yes, I think it does fit.

10. Think of a word. Search for it on Google images.  Write something inspired by the 11th image.

A. I chose the word serendipity. Apparently there is a movie named that. The 11th image was the definition with an ocean.

I think of you now.
Along the beach you stroll here.
My heart cries with joy.

(That's a haiku.)

11. Write about an area of your life that you’d like to improve.

A. I would like to feel like I am doing something constructive. I do many things - I write articles, still, I do the laundry, I keep the house clean, I fix meals, blah blah. But none of it feels like it has a purpose.

12. What made you laugh out loud today?

A. Nothing so far. 'Tis rather gloomy around here today.

13. What are your goals for the next 30 days?

A. It's a time of pandemic. My goals are: get to the dentist without getting sick. See my doctor without getting sick. Go to the grocery store without getting sick. Watch an online 2-hour Melissa Etheridge concert on October 11 since it doesn't look like I will ever see her in person. Learn a new song. Put new strings on my guitar.

14. What were your highs and lows for the month?

A. I had a haircut and I was home a lot. You can decide which is which.

15. Name some favorite movies that you never get tired of watching.

A. Under the Tuscan Sun, Dirty Dancing, The Lord of the Rings (entire trilogy), The Hobbit (entire trilogy), The Blind Side, Practical Magic, Grease.

16. Names some books you have read more than once.

A. The Hobbit, The Lord of the Rings, Little House on the Prairie, Anne of Green Gables, Wind in the Willows.

17. Talk about something about which you feel strongly.

A. I feel strongly that our democracy is under attack by power-hungry corporate raiders.

18. List five things that make you happy.

A. Seeing the first rose of spring, watching my husband do pretty much anything, playing the guitar, writing well, and a good book.

19. What are you excited about?

A. Not much of anything at the moment.

20. Name three celebrity crushes.

A. I don't have celebrity crushes anymore. I do think that Viggo Mortenson as Aragorn is sexy, and Orlando Bloom as Legolas is sexy (both in The Lord of the Rings), but they aren't so sexy outside of those characters. I also thought Patrick Swayze was sexy in Dirty Dancing, but I didn't really care for him in other things, except Ghost. But he wasn't really sexy in Ghost, just appealing.

________________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your answers today.
    Have a good Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their are many people who mix up there, their and they're. They're is something really irritating about that, don't you think? There mind cannot be on the job when their writing.

    I'm sorry - I couldn't resist.

    I hope you would pop to England on your way from Scotland to Ireland too. it's a lovely place.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Under the Tuscan Sun--I haven't seen that on TV in a while. It used to be in heavy rotation. I love that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. On #2--add "your and you're." I was up all night last night reading a newly released book by my friend Jim Brochu, "WATCHING FROM THE WINGS: Fifty Years of Working With The Stars" I didn't go to sleep until 6 a.m.!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, 'tis a very good Haiku, too.
    "Expert communicator" is perfect and absolutely right!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope by now (2:30) you've you've laughed. Or at least cracked a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ordinary daily life can be mundane but you're still doing positive things. I look to cooking as an creative outlet, an opportunity to try something new bringing joy to both our lives. I get a little aggravated with the misuse of words like you're, your, etc. I'm not a word smith but I do know the difference. :) Have a funtastic week!

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.