Tuesday, September 29, 2020

I Need You (Light)

I'm back with another of my original songs. This has never really had a name, so I'm calling it "I Need You (Light)."

The words are below the video.



I Need You (Light)

In  the dawn the lights are dim
Shadows are all I see.
Full moon is falling overhead
And I can feel the ocean's breeze.

Quiet nights mean thoughts of you
And the good times we once shared.
The rising sun with all its light
reminds me of how you cared.

Chorus:

Sometimes darkness overrules
The light just can't burn on.
That my love is what happened to us
You left me all alone.
Moonlight makes me want you 
And the starlight makes me cry
Twilight trains my aching heart
And I'll need you until I die.


If I could I'd tell the tide
to turn around on end.
Sail me to your sunlit face
and light my world again.
But the moon shines full in darkness
and the day is not yet done.
Sun just isn't ever gonna shine
Why'd you leave me all alone?

Repeat Chorus

1 comment:

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.