Thursday, August 27, 2020

Thursday Thirteen

My blogging friend, The Gal, is participating in "The August Happiness Challenge." I have not been doing it daily, but it seems appropriate to finish out August with another list of 13 things that make me happy.

1. Female musicians. I love watching women rock and roll, or country and jam, even. Women like Melissa Etheridge, Sheryl Crow, Dolly Parton, Chrissie Hynde, Pat Benatar, Cyndi Lauper, Adelle, Lady Gaga, and others make me smile. Keep playing, ladies!

2. Decaffeinated English Breakfast tea is my hot beverage of choice in the morning.

3. I bought a pencil sharpener that is much like the ones I used to use in school. I like to write with pencil and always have.

4. Lovely photos of cedar wax wings made me happy when I processed them. They came out well.



5. I have batteries on hand for the things that need them. This is a good thing.

6. We have a doe with twins running around the house. They are adorable.



7. My husband is reading books! This is exciting.

8. My exercise has picked up. I bought one of those "under the desk" bike pedaling things and have been using it.

9. The chiropractor today will put my back into place! Yay! I suspect this will help with many things.

10. We started eating low-sodium potato chips and they taste good.

11. I wrote a really bad poem yesterday. Sometimes the bad stuff has to be purged before I can get to the better words.

12. My brother sent me the trailer to the new Wonder Woman movie. I am still not sure when it is coming out, but eventually ! I will see this movie.


13. August is coming to a close. Schools have started in whatever manner the districts have determined is best for them. Autumn is nearing. I have always liked Spring and Fall the best.

______________

Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 670th time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Do we have cedar wax wings here? The end of summer always makes me sad but then I think of all the weeds in the garden dying off. I have Chrissie Hynde and Sheryl Crow CDs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's in Fall that I become more active and creative. So I think. I did prune the dried daisy and geranium bushes yesterday. :-)
    Anita, I appreciate you checking in to see if my computer is still kicking. You inspired me to write a post today when I thought I wouldn't. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos of the birds and deer. That is definitely happy! Hard to believe school has started. So glad I am not going back this year (retired). Great list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.