Thursday, July 02, 2020

Thursday Thirteen

1. I am so late doing a Thursday 13 today, I almost missed it.

2. Let me explain: the heat pump went out last night just before we went to bed. It was hot.

3. Only the heat pump man could help. He called with a quick fix that my husband implemented.

4. And that worked, but for only about half the night.

5. The heat and humidity in the bedroom was rising around 4:30 a.m., when I got up.

6. How my husband continued to sleep, I do not know. But he did. He even snored.

7. Early to bed, early to rise - makes an old woman tired, to no one's surprise.

8. Took a shower early, a cool one, so I would be dressed and not in my nightgown. I didn't know when help might arrive.

9. Right on schedule, just before 7 a.m., the phone rang and it was Cundiff Heating to the rescue!

10. Understandably, I was elated because we are looking at 95+ degree temperatures today, and high humidity.

11. Man, when that truck rolled into the driveway, I could feel the relief. Still hot, but relieved.

12. Pleased with the results as the cold air began to slide into the house, I slipped the workman a $20 and told him to buy himself an ice cold drink later in the heat of the day.

13. And that's why my Thursday 13 makes no sense, because I didn't sleep well, I was up too early, and my thinker isn't thinking due to overheating last night.

Yeah, I'm a little princess who needs a good night's sleep.

______________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 663rd time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Why was it so hot? Just from not having air on? I guess it's much cooler in the mountains. We never use air and have to close windows at night because this summer so far has been coolish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had to cut down many of the evergreens that used to surround the house and keep it cooler as they developed a fungus and were dying. We tried to save them with a fungicide but could not. So we lost a lot of shade. It has made a difference in how hot the house is. Plus I'm a princess.

      Delete
  2. You made total sense to me. It could be a scene in a movie. Meryl Streep can play the character. Hope you were able to sneak in a snooze, Princess. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.