Thursday, June 25, 2020

Thursday Thirteen

The other day I accidentally purchased an "essential birth chart reading" from Tarot.com. I have some "karma coins" in an account there that someone gave me as present about ten years ago. I seldom visit the site. Sometimes I do a tarot reading on Solstice if I think about it, but mostly I get emails from them to an account I don't check often. The "karma coins" have hung around for ages, so this has been a gift that's been languishing for quite some time.

I was clearing out the barely used email account and ran across a Tarot.com notice for "your essential birth chart reading." A while back someone had commented to me that they were Gemini with Pluto rising or something like that. I wasn't sure what that meant, so that was in the back of my mind when I clicked on the ad. Then it said, "reveal the meaning" and I clicked on that, but I didn't realize I was using the "karma coins" until I saw the balance drop.

Oops.

Anyway, I have no idea what a lot of this means because I don't study astrology. I read my horoscope, say, yeah, that might be good advice, and move on. I know I'm Gemini (and that fits in general). This thing I purchased is 30 pages long.

From the chart, apparently I am Gemini with Aries Ascendant. The Moon is in Sagittarius. I don't have any idea what that means.

But let's see what in here might apply.

1. Fire is strong and Water is weak. This has to do with elements. "You prize personal independence and autonomy so much that you're apt to downplay your needs for closeness and caring. . . you hide your feelings of sadness and inadequacy.  . . . Striving to be (and often believing yourself to be) emotional self-sufficient limits your ability to be truly intimate with others and to get the nurturing you need."  Ok. I'll go along with that.

2. Fire is strong and Sun is in an Air Sign. "Your need to participate socially, to communicate and relate to other people is quite strong."  I'll go along with that one, too.

Apparently Fire is strong in my birth chart. Funny, I always thought I was more earthy and other people have said so, too.

3. Ascendant in Aries and Sun in Gemini. "Even though you come across as headstrong and independent, you are not a loner. . . . you are really a very social and gregarious creature at heart. Communication is very important to you . . . be careful not to let your fast-paced life cause to become high-strung and nervous."  Yikes. Where's my Valium?

4. Sun in Gemini. "Your mind is bright, alert, curious, flexible, playful and always eager for new experiences - and your attention span is often quite brief. You grasp ideas quickly and once your initial curiosity has been satisfied, you want to go on to something else. You crave frequent change, variety, meeting new situations and people. " Yes, I will agree with that one. That is why being a reporter was a good fit for me. It involved constant change.

5. "You have a multitude of interests and are loathe to limit yourself by concentrating on just one. You are easily distracted by all of the other fascinating possibilities." Yes, that's me, too.

6. "You live in your head a great deal - reading, observing, thinking, spinning ideas around - and you need mental stimulation every bit as much as you need food and drink. . . . You have a creative mind and often live by your wits."  Yes, that's me, too.

7. "You enjoy using and playing with words and have a real flair for getting your ideas across in a clever, interesting, articulate manner. Writing or speaking are areas you have talent for."  Well, not so much the speaking part. But the writing, definitely.

8. Sun in the 2nd House. "Ownership gives you a sense of security, and you have a strong attachment to your possessions. You also have a natural instinct or understanding of economics, finance, trade, and appraising the value of merchandise."  Now see, I don't think this is me at all. I don't plan to be buried with my guitar or anything.

9. Sun Sextile Jupiter (what does that mean?). "Your life is apt to be blessed with more than your share of helpful friends, fortuitous connections and doors opening to you at just the right time."  I am not sure about that one, either. Maybe I look at doors wrong.

10. Sun aspects both Jupiter and Saturn.  "You also have a heavier side which keeps your optimism from becoming ungrounded or overblown."  I am a terrible pessimist. Is that what this sentence means?

11. Sun Trine Saturn. "Realistic and practical, you set goals for yourself that are modest enough for you to actually achieve. You are able to tackle long, difficult projects and see them through, for you possess self-discipline."  Yeah, right. That's why I don't have a novel written, because I'm so full of self-discipline. And why I'm overweight, because I'm so self-disciplined. The first sentence I agree with, but not the last.

12. Sun Square Pluto.  "You are intensely willful, zealous, and fanatical, though often you hide the intensity of your feelings and your personal motives and desires. You have an infatuation with power (!) and an almost compulsive desire for personal recognition, the desire to be "somebody." You tend to worship heroes who have powerful person magnetism and charisma, and often seek to emulate them. (Does Wonder Woman fall in that category?) You also have both a fear of, an an intense fascination with, death and the hidden, secret dark side of life."  Wow. Sun square Pluto is big deal stuff. I don't think I'm infatuated with power, though. The other things I will have to think about.

13. Sun Quincunx Neptune (what does that mean?). "You tend to be very impressionable and psychically open, and as a youngster, you could have been dominated by more forceful personalities. Afraid of confrontation, you may have become passive, identified yourself as a helpless victim, or tried to gain your desires in underhanded ways."  Geez. That sounds terrible.  "Your hypersensitivity to your environment is apt to be a challenge for you in other ways as well. Pollutants, ugliness, or dissonance in any form is apt to affect you more than most people." That sentence I agree with. I'm having a difficult time right now from many areas outside of my control - the political arena, the pollutant increase (thank you #45), and I'm having more migraines from the weather pattern changes.

So. This seems to require study. Of course that does not encompass the whole 30 pages of this document. That was just one part. Looks like I will have to do some studying up to understand it better.

What about you? What do you know about your birth chart or sun sign or whatever?

______________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 662nd time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Don't know much more than that I was born on a Monday, which means I'm fair of face, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an Aquarius sun with Capricorn moon and Aquarius rising. Part of me wants to rebel, but the other half wants order and the status quo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 years or so ago I did one of those 30-page reports. I wonder if I kept it. Be interesting to see whether I still fit the report. I'm a Sagittarius. A Snake on the lunar calendar. A Water Snake because of my birth year. Could that be why I like swimming and archery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I jive much more with the enneagram (5) but more than half of these sound like me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.