Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Song Quiz Again

I really am bad at these daily things. But it's my blog and my life and if I want to do them in clumps, so be it.

A song I like from the 1970s would be  . . . pretty much any of them since those were my high school years. I'll go with this one, though, because I think it is fun: Mockingbird by James Taylor and Carly Simon. I think it was a hit around 1974-1975.



A song I had played at my wedding was Longer Than by Dan Folgerberg.



A song I like that's a cover by another singer would be Piece of My Heart by Melissa Etheridge, originally sung by Janis Joplin.



A song that's a classic favorite would be Stairway to Heaven by Led Zepplin. (I can play a passable version of this on the guitar.)



A song that I'd sing in a karaoke duet would be You Don't Bring Me Flowers, by Neil Diamond and Barbara Streisand.



A song from the year I was born would be It's My Party, by Leslie Gore (the number one song on my birthday).



2 comments:

  1. There are no rules for the music meme. I love all your songs! What a walk down memory lane. I forgot about Longer Than, I've sung that at a couple of weddings (back in the day when I did that).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.