Saturday, May 16, 2020

Saturday 9: Always Remember

Saturday 9: Always Remember Us This Way (2018)

Unfamiliar with this week's song? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Lady Gaga sings about the Arizona sky and California gold. Have you visited many of our western states?

A. I've been through them, but I was 12 years old. We drove from Virginia to California. Some things are better experienced as an adult.

2) She sings that she's overwhelmed and can't find the words to express herself. Do you find it easier to share your feelings verbally or in writing?

A. In writing, unless I'm really on a roll, and then I will curse and use words that I never even knew I knew.

3) Her real name is Stefani Germanotta. She took her stage name from the Queen song, Radio Gaga. Do you have a favorite Queen song?

A. Bohemian Rhapsody, although I'm partial to Crazy Little Thing Called Love because I can play that one on the guitar.

4) Her dad is Joe Germanotta, president of GuestWifi, a company that enables hotels and restaurants to offer high-speed wifi to their customers. Do you consider yourself tech savvy?

A. Not so much anymore. I used to be the one everyone asked questions of when it came to computers, etc., but now some days I long for a young person to help me.

5) Early in her career, Lady Gaga performed songs for a children's audio book called The Portal in the Park. Tell us about the last book you finished -- did you listen to an audiobook, or read a download to an electronic device or a bound book with pages?

A. The last paperback I finished was Skin Game, by Stuart Woods, the last audiobook was The Tale of Despereaux, by Kate DiCamillo, and the book on my Kindle is Lord of the Rings, and I'm now listening to Almost Everything by Anne Lamont and reading a Janet Evanovich's paperbook whose title escapes me but it is Stephanie Plum book number 25. So I am always listening and reading to books on multiple levels.

6) She prefers dogs to cats and tea to coffee. Do you agree with her?

A. Yes.

7) Back in 2015, she appeared at the Academy Awards, performing a medley to celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Sound of Music. The movie's star, Julie Andrews, graciously came onstage to thank Gaga for her show-stopping performance. Whom did you most recently thank?

A. Melissa Etheridge. I thanked her for her concerts she was giving daily. Sadly, her 21-year-old son passed away Wednesday because of an opioid overdose. Obviously the concerts have ceased. I feel badly for her. She was giving so much so freely. There is no protection from the heartaches of life.

8) In 2018, when this song was first released, retailer Toys R Us closed all its stores and went out of business. What's the last toy you purchased?

A. I think it was probably a Wonder Woman doll. She's still in her packaging and sits with a few other dolls.

9) Random question: How has social media made your life better?

A. It keeps me in touch with some people, and it gave me the aforementioned concerts, and a few other concerts from other musicians, too. I've also listened to authors read their books, and read news I might not otherwise have seen.

______________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.

7 comments:

  1. Oh yes, online concerts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and I picked the same Queen song. I like rock'n'roll.

    I admire how brave Melissa Etheridge has been with her son's struggles. I hope it helps remove some of the stigma and helps other families get help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to hear about Etheridge's son. I hadn't heard about it. So young. The area I live in is a super hotbed for the opioid epidemic. We are located right on U.S. Rte. 30, which is a major drug route. There have been so many deaths here...young, old, and every age in between. It is sad to see the lives that have been destroyed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #2 cracked me up!
    I did not know that you play guitar. How awesome.

    The Etheridge story is breaking my heart. She is a gem.
    The loss of a child...how could you ever recover? I do hope it brings more awareness. People are struggling with issues now like never before. Very sad story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a difficult time choosing a Queen song so I took the easy answer and said All!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you read or listened to The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo? I have read it several times, but I have it on hold to listen to. It is such a sweet story. I thought it might be kind of light and nice for this time. You had mentioned that people told you not to read Gone Girl...Good Call! Those books by that author are so dark and sick. I think I will not read anymore of them. They take place in Missouri where I live, and I did enjoy that, but GEEZ! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.