Thursday, April 23, 2020

Thursday Thirteen

Some of my favorite children's books:

1. Black Beauty, by Anna Sewell

2. Misty of Chincoteague, by Marguerite Henry

3. Stormy, Misty's Foal, by Marguerite Henry

4. My Friend Flicka, by Mary O'Hara

5. Island of the Blue Dolphins, by Scott O'Dell

6. Anne of Green Gables, by L. M. Montgomery

7. Any Nancy Drew book, by Carol Keene

8. Any Hardy Boys book, by Frank W. Dixon

9. Alice in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll

10. The Hobbit, by J.R.R. Tolkien

11. Little House on the Prairie, by Laura Ingalls Wilder

12. Miss Osborne the Mop, by Wilson Gage

13. Where the Red Fern Grows, by Wilson Rawls


What are your favorite children's books?


______________
Thursday Thirteen is played by lots of people; there is a list here if you want to read other Thursday Thirteens and/or play along. I've been playing for a while and this is my 652nd time to do a list of 13 on a Thursday. Or so sayth the Blogger counter, anyway.

4 comments:

  1. I've read nearly all of those and would include them, as well as all of Marguerite Henry's horse books and the Black Stallion series. I was a horsey lovin' girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think of those as older children's books. I like Peter Rabbit, Caps for Sale, Three Little Kittens and Fredrick (the mouse poet).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne of Green Gables is on my list. I also like Wind in the Willows, Winnie the Pooh, The House at Pooh Corner, the Ramona stories by Beverly Cleary, and any Junie B. Jones story by Barbara Parks. Every so often I get into a children's book mood and check out a bunch of them from the library.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.