Sunday, April 12, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. What is something you are doing due to the pandemic that you normally don’t do? After the pandemic will you continue to so this?

A. I am trying not to bite my nails in an attempt to keep my hands from my face. Hopefully that will continue. We'll see. I have chewed on them my entire life; that's a long habit to break.

2. What made you happy, sad, or frustrated today? List, all big and/or small, as there may be some of one or all of these feelings!

A. It is still early for a range of emotions. I was happy when I woke up, as I had dreamt I was mailing the state Attorney General a letter about my medication costs, which went up 700% from last month to this month. I also had snuck in a chocolate rabbit for my husband. I sat that out and was glad to surprise him. Things have gone downhill since, and now I'm sad.

3. What is one of the first things you will do when the pandemic is over?

A. Probably go to the store. I would like to get a haircut but I expect it will be another month before I can do that - everyone will be booked and I don't have a regular stylist.

4. Are you an essential employee or do you know someone who is? Is this affecting you in some way?

A. My brother continues to work as his business is essential (something to do with making things for the military). I worry about him a lot. He has been good about stopping at the store a time or two for things we've not been able to find. He is out a lot because he has to keep his company up and running.

5. What are you doing to destress during this stressful time?

A. I read, play guitar, play video games. Same as I always do.

6. Have you tried any new recipes during this time? Please share your recipe if you want to.

A. I made a meatloaf that did not have a tomato base. I used vegetable soup in it and cut up a summer squash and put that in it too. It was pretty good.

7. Have you always lived where you do now? If not, how did you wind up in the place you currently live?

A. I have always lived in this area. We built our house here 33 years ago.

8. Where is the last place you visited on-line?

A. My video game, Elvenar. It's a city-building game. I've been playing it for a couple of years.

9. What is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you?

A. That they love me.

10. Tell me about the last photo on your camera (phone or real camera or both!)

A. The last picture on my phone is a photo of a mailing label so I can track a package. The last picture on my camera is of my husband removing a tree stump with his backhoe.

6 comments:

  1. That is just horrible how your medicine has gone up so much. I read that lots of medicines are made in China and are harder to come by. I wonder if that is why. I play an online game too called Farmville. Have a nice Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your emotions took a downhill turn. I can't believe 700% is that really true or part of your dream? And isn't it terrible that I can believe either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit--700%???? (I don't normally cuss, but that deserves something more powerful than holy moly)

    I hope your day has gotten considerably better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word! I am so sorry your medication costs went up that much, that is ridiculous! I am sorry you are sad.
    Your meatloaf sounds really good! Loved your answers! Have a Blessed Easter!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers on the increase in med prices! I've noticed other things have gone up a little but we haven't had to get meds yet. That's coming next week. It will be interesting to see what the cost is. I hope your AG is able to do something. I know PA's said he'd go after anyone price gouging to the full extent of the law.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.