Sunday, March 22, 2020

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. Has the COVID-19 affected your work environment?

A. I work from home when I work. So no.

2. How are you feeling about the Coronavirus?

A. I think the United States had a lackluster response to this at best. We were ill-prepared for something of this magnitude even though we've known about it since at least January. Some people in high places did not take it seriously.

3. Has anybody you know been tested / have you?

A. My nephew has been tested. He works in a hospital environment and came down with symptoms. He can't go back to work until he has the results back.

4. Do you have any friends stuck in any exotic locations?

A. Not that I am aware of.

5. Have you changed any of your personal habits due to the pandemic?

A. I don't go out now and I wash my hands more. I make my husband do a sexy striptease in the garage and then come in and wash his hands after he's been among the public.

6. What is the craziest thing you've seen or heard about the outbreak?

A. Some of the "cures" I've seen have been silly. Someone suggested pouring cold water in front of your face while at the same time blowing hot air through a hair dryer up into your nose. Something about moist heat killing the virus.

Sounds like a recipe for electrocution if you ask me.

7. Do you think our politicians are doing enough to curb the crisis?

A. I think our politicians are assholes.

8. Have you stockpiled anything because of the crisis?

A. I have always been a toilet paper hoarder, so I have my usual amount of items of that here and did before it became a thing for everyone else. We also stocked up on canned goods, like soup and green beans.

9. What do you think you will miss the most if you are subject to a lock in?

A. Not a whole lot as I don't go out that much anyway. Although it is nice to be able to simply pick up and go to the store if I want. Right now I am not doing that.

10. What is the weirdest rumor you've heard about the virus?

A. Isn't this the same as #6?

11. Do you have a favorite meme about the virus?

A. No.

12. Has the virus made you grateful for anything?

A. I am grateful my husband is still home on sick leave from his ankle surgery and not out on the front lines of this pandemic. He's a battalion chief with the city fire department.

13. Have any of your plans been upset by the outbreak?

A. Not so far. We will see how it goes as time passes.

14. Are you planning do to anything different because of the COVID-19 outbreak?

A. I am not going out much and I really need a haircut. So my hair is growing.

15. What do you hope to see in six months time?

A. Healing, and lots of change as people realize who are really important. It's not the politicians, that's for sure. It's the stock clerks, the firefighters and paramedics, the nurses, the doctors, and the people who drive the trucks, and we can't forget the farmers, because without them, there would be no food. If we're lucky, this will bring on an entire societal change for the better. That's my hope.

16. Has the Coronavirus upset your mental health in any way?

A. Listening to certain politicians has frayed my nerves, so I have stopped listening. I read the newspaper everyday and I watch the local news. That is all I need to know.

________________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

9 comments:

  1. I think politicians are assholes - never truer words spoken. Saying that, still very glad I'm not in America at the moment. We've not been perfect at addressing this, but we're ahead of the game in comparison to a lot of countries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely agreeing with you on the politicians. All of them, not one side or the other. I've always been one to keep a large stock of toilet paper, too. Of all the things I don't want to run out of... I sure hope #15 is where we end up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't comment on these answers today because we all have our opinions.
    Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I forgot about haircuts. I keep mine short because it grows uncontrollably. If I leave it for months people will think I'm a walking fluff monster!

    :o(

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how they came up with that "cure." Probably as effective as malaria drugs, which 45 seems to insist is going to be our miracle cure (poor Fauci having to correct him, gently!) I hadn't thought of hair. I did read that we are close to finding out what everyone's real hair color is (mine has been salt and pepper for a long time). Mine is getting too long, but nothing to do about it. But nobody sees it except Walt and Ned & Marta, so who cares?

      Delete
  5. I agree with you about the politicians!
    I have also been watching the local news to see what is going on closer to me. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thoughtful answers--especially your description of our government leaders. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anita, I enjoyed your answers! I laughed at the one about your hubby in the garage! I hope your nephew is okay. My hubby always buys extra toilet paper. I can't watch the news very much, even before this Covid 19 mess started taking over. I hope this doesn't mess up our elections. I added you to my blog list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You paint quite the word picture about goings on in your garage!

    I still believe some politicians are statesmen, looking out for our best interests. I predict that, as you ignore our President and his infantile name calling ("Concast?" Really?) your blood pressure will go down and your outlook will brighten.

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete