Sunday, October 27, 2019

Sunday Stealing: Free Talk

Sunday Stealing

1. If you were offered a job in another part of the country, would you take it?

A. There are too many variables to answer that. What does it pay? Is it in my field of work, or in a field I wish to pursue? Where in the country? Would my husband want to move, too? What kind of benefits does it provide? I consider this one non-answerable.

2. If you were in a bank and someone started to hold it up, what would you do?

A. Get out of the way and hide behind something. As much as I'd like to think I'd be a hero, I know I am not one.

3. If you found a suitcase filled with $1,000,000 what would you do?

A. I have always turned in money I have found, regardless of amount. I found $300 in an envelope in Target once, for example, and I turned that in. I assume I would do the same with that much money. For one thing, whoever found it probably obtained it illegally. So best to hand that over to the police.

4. If you had a 25 hour day what would you do with your extra hour?

A. Read.

5. If you had the opportunity to be different, what would you change?

A. I would be healthier.

6. If you received a lottery ticket as a gift and won a lot of money, would you share with the person who gave you the ticket?

A. I might offer them something. It depends on your definition of "a lot."

7. If you spoke two languages and your spouse spoke only one, would you raise your children as bilingual?

A. Yes, if I were fluent in the languages.

8. If you were candy, which candy would you be?

A. Well, this falls under the category of really weird, but I guess with Halloween coming up, it's a legitimate question. I would be a chocolate covered cherry.

9. If you were a toy, which toy would you be?

A. I don't think cellphones are actually toys, but I would be a cellphone.

10. If you were abducted by aliens, would you tell anyone?

A. Are they bringing me back? It doesn't say "abducted and returned." But yes, I probably would tell someone. I tell people I have seen ghosts. There isn't much difference, really.

11. If you could go to the moon, would you?

A. Yes.

12. If you had a time machine, where would you go and why?

A. I would go into the future to see how mankind fares. If I go into the year 6565, will I find a desolate landscape devoid of life, or will humanity be thriving and flourishing? I want to know how we turn out.

13. If you saw a robbery, would you report it?

A. Yes, of course. Although I must say that in the past that has not gone well for me. When I was about 10, I was at the skating rink with my friends, and I saw this girl going through the pockets of people's coats in the coat room, stealing change. When she got to my coat, I grabbed her and hauled her to the management. He banned us BOTH from the facility. Sometimes doing the right thing doesn't pay off.

14. If you were to speak to a graduating class, what would you say?

A. I think I'd have to go with something like this:



15. If given the choice between being given great wisdom or great wealth, which would you choose?

A. I think I've answered this before. If I have great wisdom, I also want the will to use it, to take risks, to move forward and not stand still. Wisdom with those qualities would be magnificent. Wisdom alone, without desire to use it, is relatively useless. But money without the wisdom to use it wisely is also useless.

__________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them.

6 comments:

  1. I thought of the time machine going backwards, but really I'd like to go ahead maybe 10-20 years and see how history books write this part of American history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I saw a ghost once. I might have been dreaming though.

    I think it would be the same if we were abducted by aliens I reckon.

    :o)

    Cheers


    PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sunscreen speech popped into my head, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would want the wisdom to understand why you were banned from the skating rink.

    That does not make sense to me.

    Oh well. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. #2, yes, i would do that, too.
    #3. You're right, the amount doesn't matter. And yes, a million bucks is probably a very bad thing to try to hang on to. Brrr!

    I would try to be healthier too.

    "Your choices are half chance. So are everybody else's." That's a scream!

    Oh yes, always share your languages. It really makes the children stronger academically and saves them the trouble of learning pronunciation. Teach them to read so that they get grammar, too!

    #12. I want to know this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a bit of a coward when it comes to the future. I don't want to know how we turn out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.