Monday, September 23, 2019

Meet Mrs. Plain Jane

In last week's photos about our trip to Cherry Grove, SC, I noted we went to the guitar store and hinted at a new arrival at the house.

May I introduce to you my newest guitar, Mrs. Plain Jane:



Mrs. Plain Jane is an Epiphone Les Paul Special 1. It's a limited edition electric guitar that I bought simply because it is very lightweight.

I have other electric guitars but I can barely pick them up. This weighs about as much as a regular-sized acoustic guitar.

It was also only $150, which means it's a very cheap throw-away guitar that I can beat on. No bells and whistles, just pickups for sound.

I had forgotten how nice it is to play an electric guitar. The fretboard on this is no "real" Les Paul (those are made by Gibson and cost loads of money and aren't made in China), but it is sufficient for a rockin' rendition of China Grove.

4 comments:

  1. It can take a beating and not go out of tune.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. It’s good to have something you can play without causing pain and strain. The collectibles are nice but it is more fun to play the music I imagine, than to stare at the guitars.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.