Sunday, June 02, 2019

Sunday Stealing

Sunday Stealing

1. What was you first movie-going experience without your parents?

A. I'm not sure. However, there was one summer after the Salem Valley 8 theater was built that we spent a lot of time at the theater, my young uncle, my brother and me. We could walk there, so we saw a lot of those "B" movies, and I can't remember the name of a single one of them. This would have been 1975-1977ish. And a friend took my brother and me to see Grease at the theater when it came out (that would have been 1978).



2. Do you still buy DVDs or Blu Rays (or do you just stream them)?

A. I still buy DVDs/Blu Rays. The last one I purchased was Wonder Woman.

3. What is your guilty pleasure movie? What about it works for you?

A. Dirty Dancing. I enjoy that movie because it's fun, and every time I watch it I see a little more depth. Plus part of it was filmed at Mountain Lake, a resort which is about an hour away, so I like to see if I can figure out the scenery.



4. You have compiled a list of your top 10 movies. Which movies do you like, but would not make the list?

A. I don't have a list of top 10 movies. My top movie is all 12+ hours of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, as everyone who knows me knows. But let's put Under the Tuscan Sun on there, Grease, Dirty Dancing, Stars Wars (the first three original movies), Wonder Woman, The Wizard of Oz, Sound of Music, Monty Python and the Holy Grail (bet that one took you by surprise, didn't it?), Mama Mia!, The Hobbit trilogy, Back to the Future, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark & The Temple of Doom, The Blind Side, Practical Magic, and The Rose.



5. Which movie(s) do you compulsively watch over and over again? What makes it so great?

A. The Lord of the Rings trilogy. It is great because it is a great story with well-developed characters, wonderful acting, and New Zealand scenery. What more could you ask for?


(This is the part where I always cry.)

6. Classic(s) you’re embarrassed to admit you haven’t seen yet?

A. Most of them.

7. Do you have any movie posters hanging on your wall? If yes, which ones and why?

A. I have a Lord of the Rings calendar on the wall.

For June it has Arwen, Galadriel, and Eowyn.


8. Tell us about a movie that you are passionate about.

A. I like Wonder Woman because it has a strong female lead, who grows into her "powers" as a woman and as a heroine. I think there's a little Wonder Woman inside of every woman; only she's been so squashed by the patriarchy that she's very hard to find.



9. What is a movie you vow to never watch? Why?

A. Anything with Adam Sandler in it, because he comes across as a big misogynistic jerk.

10. Tell us about a movie that literally left you speechless.

A. It takes a lot to leave me speechless. Movies have left me crying, but not speechless.

11. What’s a movie that you always recommend?

A. The Lord of the Rings trilogy, of course. Outside of that, anything in #4.

12. Who is an actor you always watch, no matter how crappy the movie?

A. Sandra Bullock, maybe.

13. Who is an actor you don’t get the appeal for? Why don’t you like them?

A. Cher. She's a great singer, but I've never seen her act in anything where I didn't forget for a minute that it was Cher playing a role. She never actually became the part, the way someone like Sally Fields might.

14. Who is an actor, living or dead, you’d love to meet? Why do they intrigue you?

A. Lucille Ball. She was beautiful, witty, and smart, and a real leader in her business.

Isn't she beautiful?

15. Sexiest actor/actress you’ve seen. (Picture requested!)

A. Viggo Mortenson as Aragorn in Lord of the Rings (he isn't so hot in other roles). Sexiest female? Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman.

Viggo Mortenson as Aragorn

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman

16. You are casting a movie, pick four or five actors you’d hire to be in it and why we’d love them together.

A. Mr. Ed, George Clooney, Sandra Bullock, Sally Field, and Walter Cronkite, who isn't an actor but I don't care, I want him in my picture. You'd love them because I say so.

17. Which are your favorite actor pairings of all time?

A. Olivia Newton-John and John Travolta.



18. Have you ever watched movies from a decade that was before you were born? If so, which decade is your favorite?

A. I used to watch Tarzan movies. I don't have a favorite decade.

19. If you were to be in a movie would you rather play the hero, villain or anti-hero? Why?

A. I want to be the dead body on the floor under the sheet.


My acting ability. My foot sticking out from a sheet.


__________
I encourage you to visit other participants in Sunday Stealing posts and leave a comment. Cheers to all us thieves who love memes, however we come by them

8 comments:

  1. We have very similar taste... #13 I thought she was good in two movies.... Tea with Mussolini and Silkwood. I wasn’t crazy about the new WW. I thought they “dumbed” her down too much. She ( the character) was too curious to have been so naive. They could have done better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see your movie! Walter Cronkits, huh?
    And I love your last answer. Think you could not breathe for a scene?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy! She is a fascinating character. She worked so hard as a model and an actress and didn't take off until she 40 -- an age when women in show business were being told to hang it up. She shaped TV in so many ways.

    Your shoes are way too clean. I'd assume that your killer dressed you to throw the police off the track. (I watch way too much Law & Order.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New sneakers. Only the second time I've worn them.

      Delete
  4. Your movie with Mr. Ed and friends sounds hilarious!
    I like Wonder Woman too! Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You reminded me of some great films I couldnt think of.. I love Blind Side... I could watch it again adn again... and Dirty Dancing..same thing! Your last answer cracked me up! AW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would always watch a movie with Sandra Bullock in it. I love the movies in your list of favorites, too. I was just too tired to do this thing. Your last answer just about sums up my whole thought pool right now. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I think you could do better than the body under the sheet!
    We could sit down and watch movies any time. We have very similar tastes...and I do like the LOTR movies, I've just never watched them more than once because they are so looooong.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by! I appreciate comments and love to hear from others. I appreciate your time and responses.